shape ups,tone ups,etc

alyssa92982
alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
So I keep seeing the commercials for these shoes-wondering if anyone out there can actually say they have noticed they were more toned with using these shoes?

Replies

• neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    I have Shape Ups and can say yes, I noticed a difference in my booty!
  • My husband got me a pair of shape-ups about 6 months ago. They are very comfortable, I'll give them that much. Other than that I don't know if they actually do anything. They do make my calves burn after wearing them for a while, but that's about it. To be honest I do so much other exercise that I wouldn't even know if they were working. They are VERY comfortable though.
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    I just bought 4 days ago the Reebok Runtones,I like these because you can do cardio and run and workout in them<however you can not do all in a cross trainer.
  • MrsBehaving
    MrsBehaving Posts: 100 Member
    I bought mine last year. I have the Sketcher shape ups. They are postively the most comfy shoes I have ever had. However, I have yet to see or even feel a difference. They are super comfy for casual wear, but not for exercise like aerobics or jogging or stepping. Walking only. But no, the have not enhanced me in way shape or form. But they are worth the $100 for the comfort.

:smile:
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    I checked into them, and read multiple articles about how they are bad for you because it changes your bodies natural weight distribution, and here is just one article.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/health&id=7531306

Do a search for the "dangers of shape ups" you'll get a lot of info. I'd rather be safe and healthy....
  • Thorneapple
    Thorneapple Posts: 154
    I have a pair of the Reebok ones. I definitely feel it in my butt, hamstrings and calves when I wear them.
  • dsolgot
    dsolgot Posts: 86 Member
    I love my reebok easy tones I wear them ALL the time I did "feel" a diffrence the first few days but I can't really say to much for toning since I do other things besides wearing them but they are very comfy.
  • sharper43
    sharper43 Posts: 109
    I do not own a pair, but I've thought about buying them. I recently read some articles of them getting sued from hip and back injuries from wearing the shoes too much, so I've kind of been weary of them. They seem pretty overpriced for just some extra rubber on the bottom of the shoes.
  • MrsBehaving
    MrsBehaving Posts: 100 Member
    They do throw your balance off, because the bottom is curved, rather than flat like a normal shoe so it does take some time to get used to. And I would never exercise in them. I can totally see injury occuring then! I enjoy wearing mine around the house when I am cleaning. I don't really wear them anywhere else. Oh, but I once wore them to the Lady Gaga concert and danced in them!!! But I am happy to report, no injuries for that! :heart:
  • arw3b3
    arw3b3 Posts: 52
    I got a great deal on some shape ups last month and can notice a difference from wearing them. They are also very comfortable to wear but take some getting used to for walking. The first day I walked in tehm for 15 minutes and that night I could feel the burn in my glutes:) I also notice the burn in my calves when I wear them...
  • I purchased a pair of Sketcher's Shape Ups last August. I wore them to band the whole month and by the end of camp I saw a difference. People were even telling me they could tell they were working. I use them now when I walk on the treadmill or if I go on a walk by myself. I feel the burn and noticed a difference in my legs back in Jan. when I really got my butt in gear on the treadmill with them. They are very comfortable and they add extra weight/resistance. You have to make sure you walk the way they suggest in them in order to get the full effect. I think they were well worth the $$ :)
  • oceanrose78
    oceanrose78 Posts: 133 Member
    Shape ups completely got rid of my sciatic nerve, knee, and feet problems that were worsened by walking on concrete floors for 10+ hours at a time. I own a few pairs of each, my work shapeups that I wear for everyday, a pair of XFT that I wear for working out, and a pair of tone ups that I wear for jogging and walking. They also have a new running shoe out. I literally can't wear anything else without going back to the knee and foot pain.

Once I started wearing them at work, several other servers started wearing them, adn had great luck too. Do they help? You can definitely feel the difference in your calves, the real shapeups kill me on the treadmill if I set the incline. If you are on concrete though, or on your feet, they are seriously the best work shoes ever.
This discussion has been closed.