IN NEED OF A FISH RECIPES

Options
rshells
rshells Posts: 33
Hey everyone I purchased some striped bass fillets and I really dont have a clue as to how to prepare them. I know one might ask well if you didnt kow how to cook it then why would you buy it and I guess that is true but I like to try out newe foods. So if anyone has any recipes for this striped bass please let me know. I am planning on cooking it for dinner tonight

Replies

• catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    1 tbspOlive Oil
    2 tbspBread Crumbs, Seasoned
    1 1/2 tspBasil, Fresh
    1/8 tspSalt
    1 EggEgg Whites
    2 filletHaddock (I'm sure you can substitute)

Cut fish into 2 serving pieces. In 8-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
    In small shallow dish, stir together bread crumbs, chopped basil and salt. In another shallow dish, beat egg white. Dip fish into egg white, then coat with mixture.
    Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook fish in oil 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork and is brown on both sides.

1 tbspOlive Oil, extra virgin
    1 cupOnions
    1 cupRed Bell Pepper
    2 tspGarlic, cup
    1 3/4 cupTomatoes,Stwd, Canned
    1/2 cupDry White Wine
    1 tbspCapers,Canned
    1 cupBlack Olives
    1/2 tspOregano, Ground
    1/4 tspSalt
    1/8 tspPepper,Black
    2 tbspLemon Peel,(rind)
    4 4 oz filletTilapia

Chop one medium onion and 2 cloves of garlic. Seed, core and chop red pepper. Cut 12 olives in half.
    Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, red pepper and garlic. Cook about 6 minutes, until softened, stirring so garlic does not burn.
    Stir in tomatoes (14 oz. can), wine, capers, olives, lemon zest and juice of lemon, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Add fish and cook, covered, over medium-low heat for about 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Gently turn fish halfway through cooking.
    You may also use flounder or catfish for this recipe.
    Serve with plain couscous and green beans, if desired.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    It's great to try new foods!! I like your spirit pure leap of faith!!

I tend to broil, bar-b-que or pan saute my fish (love fish!) with just a bit of olive oil, lemon pepper and dill seasoning.

Real simple - cook till flish is starting to "flake" or pull apart - fairly done but not overdone.

Best of Luck!
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    Hmmm striped bass is a delicious fish! Why not do something simple like baking it with lemon and onion slices?! serve it with veggies and brown rice or anything else you had in mind for a side dish!
  • FattytattyAndy
    Options
    I know you bought Bass, but what I did with my tilapia was AMAZING!

I sprayed my pan with pam and fried up the filet with about 1 tb fresh onions, basil and garlic powder. Then I added imitation crabmeat and mozzerella cheeze. It was so good and a close call to the stuffed flounder at Red Lobster, plus it was under 300 cals!

Hope this helps!
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i made fish just last nite. My favorite easy way, is put in micro safe dish, add about 1/4 cup mild salsa cover and cook for about 4-5minutes. Delish.
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Grilled Tuna Steaks

1/4 cup orange juice
    1/4 cup soy sauce
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    4 (4 ounce) tuna steaks

Directions
    1.In a large glass/pyrex dish, mix together the orange juice, soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, oregano, and pepper. Place the tuna steaks in the marinade and turn to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
    2.Preheat grill for high heat.
    3.Lightly oil grill grate. Cook the tuna steaks for 5 to 6 minutes, then turn and baste with the marinade. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, or to desired doneness. Discard any remaining marinade.
    OPTIONAL METHOD: Pan searing works just as well.
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rshells
    rshells Posts: 33
    Options
    Thank you everyone these recipes sound absolutely amazing, im going to have to buy more fish so I can try them all
  • kiwinici
    kiwinici Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Have only just joined this website and started counting calories so unsure what this would add up to but I normally bake my fish in the oven wrapped in Tin Foil so you keep all the juices
    On the bottem of the tinfoil I add
    - Cherry Tomatoes
    - Sliced Red and Yellow Peppers
    I then place the fish on top of the vegies and sqeeze the juice of either a lemon or lime ontop including a few slices ontop.

Depending on your tastebuds I sometimes add chilli flakes, ginger and Soya Sauce
  • sh0ck
    sh0ck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Look up Giada's Salmon Fish Sticks on the FoodNetwork website. Tasty and rather healthy as well.
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    When I make Tilapia I just put it on the foreman grill and sprinkle it with some greek seasoning. Simple but has a good flavor! Im from the South so giving up the deep fried catfish has been a struggle!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Found a recipe from Rachel Ray's Everyday magazine. I had never made fish before (other than fish sticks) and it turned out great!

1&1/2 cup frozen corn
    2oz snowpeas
    3/4 tbsp lemon peel
    juice from half a lemon
    2 tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
    4 tillapia fillets
    Old bay seasonings (I used Mrs.Dash)

mix corn, snow peas and lemon peel separate on to 12x15 pieces of parchment paper (aluminum foil would work too)
    top each with a Tilapia fillet add olive oil, lemon juice and seasonings

bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes, until fish is opaque

served with a side of Brown Rice. Totally yummy!
  • jmjones2002
    Options
    We are big fish eaters in my house. I usually bought alot of tilapia,orange roughy,and salmon. On my tilapia and salmon I grill it and sprinkle a lil bit of lemon juice over. You can also use a bit of lemon pepper seasoning as well! On my roughy I use italiain dressing and let it mariande for a cpl of hours but you don't have to do it that long. My kids love it when we cook these dishes. I throw some squash/zucchini on the grill with just a little bit of lemon juice and oven roasted red potatoes as another side. The potatoes we use a little bit of olive oil in a baggie, dice up the potatoes and add some fresh rosemary and shake the bag up and bake at 350..Yummy!! Just some ideas for ya:-)
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    You should try this dijon-crusted tilapia!! http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Dijon-Crusted-Fish SO AMAZING. And you use reduced-fat ingredients to make it healthy!
  • pink_cactus
    pink_cactus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Now that does sound Good! I pan fry Talapia all the time. I'll have to try this out next time