Hello there...my name is Wanda

Options
For years I’ve been struggling with my weight. During my last year of college I managed to lose 30+ pounds, not for the good reasons…it was all school stress related. After grad school I started seeing my now 6 years partner and it’s been great…including dining experiences. I am a very particular eater. Before I met her I ate not a single vegetable; now I am proud to say I added a handful to my diet (broccoli, asparagus, corn, kale, chard, snow peas, cauliflower, mushrooms…)

With all the very good, but very rich meals, and the lack of exercise on my part, I have gained back all those 30+ pounds in 6 years :-(

I recently lost my job, so I am at home all day…on my pj’s or other similar comfortable pants, sitting in the couch, or doing some work…damn those elastic band pants! I decided to check my weight the other day and I was alarmed, to say the least, by my weight! I ran out that same day and joined the gym and started to change my diet that same day. Then I found this fabulous website! I have always been very skeptical of things like this…tracking what I eat and all that stuff…not for me. But I find it so easy and fun to do it here…and I can do it from my phone too! It has been a week and a half, and even though I don’t see much difference yet (although my gym trainers does…maybe he was just being nice), I feel good about myself already. I’m changing my eating habits, exercising every day, cutting on the number of beers…that’s been hard ;-) But I just have to do this! I feel motivated and very excited about these changes, and looking forward to the results!

Now off to the gym!

Replies

• zydratethief
    Options
    Welcome!

I once knew a fish called Wanda

(You have no idea how long ive been waiting to use that line)
  • claudiandw
    claudiandw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!!! Just tracking my food really motivates me and makes me think about everything I eat. I haven't had sugar in months, and I don't miss it! Good luck to you!!!
  • havi7
    havi7 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome Wanda!

This is a great site to help be accountable and to gain support when you need it. Feel free to add me if you're looking for support.

Good luck!
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    Welcome Wanda - I'm a Wanda too.....this site will excite you and support you! Stay off the scale - maybe weigh weekly or every 2 weeks - take and track your measurements - that will give you more positive feedback, but more importantly take a deep breath and see how you are feeling inside! That's the most important - the outside changes will come. Congrats on your Journey! We're glad you're here!
  • Hinto
    Hinto Posts: 52
    Options
    Sounds like you're off to a great start, welcome aboard!
  • jantim1990
    jantim1990 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Wanda!!
    I, like you was skeptical about using a website to help me with my weight-loss, but my doctor recommended it and I decided to try it out. I must say I have been pleaseantly surprised!! There is so much support and encouragement!! Also, I find that I actually look forward to logging in my food. I like to see the calories I'm consuming and I LOVE it when I exercise and input that and MFP subtracts it away from my calories. It's like instant gratification without the scale!!
    I wish you much success with you weight-loss and I will send you a friend request. I'll help you out in any way I can!! :happy:
  • Bobonis
    Bobonis Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for writing me back.
    It's amazing...I never gave too much thought, at all, to what I was eating...and it makes such a difference! Like you, I enjoy logging my food and exercises and seeing the rewards :)

Thanks for yor kind words.
  • Bobonis
    Bobonis Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you.