question about the app...

Options
If I put in all of the food I ate in a day and I went over my daily goal, then I entered my exercise and then I was UNDER on my daily calorie goal, dow that mean I need to eat that much more to make up what they added? or just leave it and not eat more?

Replies

• sandman933
    sandman933 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    From what I have done and seen written in posts is that you should be eating at least 1200 calories in the day. If you end up with leftover due to less eating or more exercise then you can either bank that or use it to enjoy a little extra eating. My philosophy has been that I make sure I get to 1200 and then after that if I don't have a need for the extra calories I just bank them... the bigger the calorie deficit the large the weight loss in the end.
  • MereRae
    MereRae Posts: 39
    Options
    Yes, you should try to eat back at least half of your exercise calories....

There are a TON of posts on MFP about this particular subject:)
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    When you exercise MFP automatically adds back "exercise calories". So...if you eat 1200 but then burn 400 exercising, your net becomes 800 and you are able to eat the 400 back for a net of 1200. I have learned to eat back most of my exercise calories. If you don't, several days under your calorie goal will make your weight loss slow down. I hope you understand the whole exercise calorie thing, it was confusing to me in the beginning too.