Spaghetti Squash :)

Options
JanerZzz
JanerZzz Posts: 276
One of my favorite sides is spaghetti squash! Cooking it is very similar to butterbut squash, but it has a stringy texture that's similar to spaghetti!

Cut in half, bake cut side down with water in a tray until the flesh of the squash is soft. Scoop out, mix with butter (or fake butter like I Can't Believe It's Not Butter) and a little bit or salt and pepper!

Enjoy!!!!!

Replies

• joesan563
    joesan563 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    THis is also great with marinara sauce on it
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    :sad: would love to try it never seen it in the UK
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I love it too! I use it as I would regular spaghetti since I am diabetic and need to count my carbs. It is wonderful with a ground turkey and Ragu Vegetable Primavera topping.
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to try some, I'm going food shopping in the next week I'm going to pick some up now! Thanks!
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I love it too! My 5yr old granddaughter doesn't know it's not the "real" spaghetti :laugh: :laugh:
  • angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I actually make mine in the microwave. I put it in a microwave safe dish with some water on the bottom, cut side up. cover it with saran wrap and microwave for about 15 mins. I love to saute' it up with veggies, garlic and chicken or shrimp. I can have a huge plate of food (like a plate of spaghetti) for under 300 cals! Don't forget the parmesan cheese. =)

Forgot to note to poke a few holes in the saran wrap so the steam can escape.
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I love it too! My sister taught me how to make it - I just have it plain no butter with tomato sauce and ground turkey or veggie ground round with a little bit of cheese and it's like eating spaghetti & meat sauce! YUM! :bigsmile:
  • jene77
    jene77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your meal idea! I just cooked Spaghetti squash last night for dinner. I use the spaghetti squash as the noddles and it was sooooo good! I love spaghetti and can now enjoy it without all those carbs. I heat the oven to 350 cut the squash in half, put it in the oven for 45 min. I cook my lean turkey meat seperate from my sauce so I can measure my portion. When done I also scrap the squash using one cup, 1/2 spaghetti sauce and 3 oz of turkey meat and it is delish......
  • amym107
    amym107 Posts: 5
    Options
    We are big fans of Spaghetti Squash!

As a treat (and when we have the extra calories), I mix it with a small amount of brown sugar and butter...so yummy, even my 3 year old asks for more!
  • djniven
    djniven Posts: 2
    Options
    That sounds good! I'm going to try it ... thanks :)
  • angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    We are big fans of Spaghetti Squash!

As a treat (and when we have the extra calories), I mix it with a small amount of brown sugar and butter...so yummy, even my 3 year old asks for more!

This sounds delish! I think I'm gonna try it. Thanks for the idea =)
  • topazzzoe
    topazzzoe Posts: 12
    Options
    I love to mix mine with a little olive oil, salt and pepper, fresh basil, and toasted walnuts for protein. Top with a little parmasen cheese and dinner is served. (I like to buy the mashed basil they sell in the produce department, it spreads and coats everything really well.)
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to try it as a spaghetti substitute -- would never give up the regular stuff (my Sicilian fiance would die of terror if we did lol) but I think it might be a good staple to mix in every now and then.