Daily Menu?!

Options
Hey all! Can someone please give me an idea of what you eat in an entire day? or even a week? I know what is good for me, but man, putting together meals seems like an impossible task!! Im 5'3" and about 160, and my hubs is about 6" and 210lbs. Can anyone give me ideas?? please? :)

Replies

• silver_lining87
    Options
    For breakfast I usually have fruit or some cereal, for lunch I have things like poached egg on wholemeal or seeded bread, left over pasta or salad, for tea(dinner) I have things like chicken burgers, jacket potato or pasta.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I blogged this yesterday. It helps to have a standard set to "perm any 5" from!

"For reference, I did a quick and easy basic 7-day plan. It's totally mix and match, any of the snacks can replace any others etc. And I don't stick rigidly to it - if we go out to lunch that's fine, I'll just have a turkey and ham Subway, no cheese, honey mustard dressing, or something else healthy.

Breakfasts: Porrige with berries, scrambled eggs, ham and tomatoes, sardines on toast/ rice cakes, peanut butter on toast, cheese (eg feta and red pepper), yoghurt with flax-seed.

Morning snack: celery sticks and humous, ryvita w laughing cow, apple, go-ahead bars, almonds, boiled egg, string cheese.

Lunch: tuna salad, vegetable soup, chickpea stew, pear, walnut and blue cheese salad, ratatouille, crunchy chop salad, sardines on toast.

Afternoon snack: quavers, small choc bar, popcorn, banana, cottage cheese on oatcakes, walnuts, pear.

Dinner: stirfry, poached chicken and greens, salmon and veg, prawn pasta, mince, something vegetarian e.g pasta arrabiata, chilli w taco shells."

Hope that gets you started!
  • beanie1119
    beanie1119 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You can also check out peoples food diary's if they are public. I think you you may have to be friends with them but maybe not. That is a nice way to see what people eat on a daily basis.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    my diary is open if you want to look
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    Breakfast: hard boiled egg, oatmeal and a handful of blueberries
    Lunch: Egg white omelette, salad and non-fat cottage cheese
    Snack: Low fat cheese stick and blackberries
    Dinner: 1/2 cup of brown rice, 4 ounces of lean meat, salad, steamed zucchini and mushrooms.
    Snack: soy chips and a teaspoon of peanut butter