I'm new

Options
Hi everyone. I came across this website by accident, just googling how many calories were in certain foods, and I love it already. I think having everything I consume right in front of my face, makes me a little more concious of my food choices.

I am getting married in a year. I recently found a dress that I absolutley LOVE and it is too small. I am currently a size 20 and the dress is a 14. The dress is one of a kind and cannot be purchased in a larger size, but I am bound and deterimined to wear that dress (and look amazing) on my wedding day. I was never "petite" but always at a healthy, reasonable weight in high school. Then I had my son, went to college, blah, blah, blah and now I am no where near what I was and am very uncomfortable with myself. I lost 10 lbs before I found this website, but the weight is now falling off even faster with the tracking system. I am super excited and look forward to being confident, comfortable, and stunning on my wedding day.

Replies

• legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Welcome. Good for you for setting a goal and working towards it. This site will definately make the journey easier and a little bit fun on the way there. Stick to it and make some friends! Good luck!
  • blueiz35
    blueiz35 Posts: 24
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! On your weight loss and your Wedding!! And Welcome to MFP.
  • greengoddess1
    Options
    Welcome! I joined this site about a week ago. It is nice to make connections with people who are on the weight loss journey. Good luck on your goal. This is the place to get support & encouragement and great suggestions.
  • Tinkerbell_24
    Options
    Hiya, welcome and good luck. Congrats on the wedding, put your mind to it and you will have that dress!! I'm new too, feel free to add me :):)
  • MrsGaston10
    Options
    Hi and welcome. Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials! I just got married 8 months ago and I am still excited about the marriage. I just joined this site on Sunday and let me tell you, it has made a difference in my daily meals since then. I was also exercising before joining this site but I was consistent in keeping up with my eating diary, exercise, diary, etc. Keep up the great work and I know that you would look beautiful in your dress!!! Good luck!
  • havi7
    havi7 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on the upcoming wedding!

This is a great site to help be accountable and to gain support when you need it. Feel free to add me if you're looking for support.

Good luck!
  • havi7
    havi7 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the double post I accidently dbl clicked.