Hates veggies loves fruit

Options
I honestly hate most veggies. The only veg I like is corn (which is not the best veggie for ya). I do love fruit, but don't know what fruits are the best for you from a weight loss standpoint. I tend to eat grapes, peeled apples, and cantaloupe. Also what is the latest time I should eat food before going to bed? My wife and I workout at home at night, but by the time we are done it is nearly time for bed, and I am always a little hungry after a workout.

Thanks again to everyone for the suggestions and info

!5481314.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    FYI: the peel on the apple is great for you, full of fiber.

Veggies are way better for you than fruit. It is suggested that we get 5-7 servings of fruit and veggies a day. The majority of these 5-7 should come from veggies. If you have 5 servings 1-2 should be fruit the rest veggies. If you eat 7, 2-3 should be fruit the rest veggies. Although natural, fruit contains a lot of sugar that veggies don't.

Try hiding veggies. Pure roasted veggies in tomato sauce for pasta and pizza. take boiled squash and mash it and add it to mac and cheese. mash cauliflower and add to mashed potatoes. In all of the above you may not even notice any veggies there.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Try adding a cup of spinach to your smoothies or protein shakes. With half a banana added in, you can't taste the spinach at all. It just looks like swamp water.
  • mfergie889
    Options
    I agree, if you add veggies to many foods you enjoy, you will probably not notice them.

I add onion and green beans to my pasta, spinach and broccoli in my omlettes, bell peppers with my rice...etc etc.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    For eating at night...
    Eat when you can, workout when you can.

As long as you're within your calories for the day it doesn't really matter when you eat. Some people can't handle eating right before bed, I can't do a BIG meal but I certainly sleep better with something minor. Some people can't handle working out right before bed as it wires them up... but for me an evening workout means I'm going to sleep very soundly.

Best way to get veggies is to get used to hiding them, we had spaghetti here the other night, it was spaghetti squash so my usual serving was 50 calories instead of 300 from pasta... talk about bonus I could have had (calorie was) 6 servings to reach the same calorie hit but no way I could have eaten that much!