At Home Workouts

Options
Hello!

Can anyone tell me if they ahve used at home work out dvds, games, whatever, and have worked really well?

I know about P90x and all those types. But i dont think those are an option because they are too expensive. But if anyone has used anything else, and they have worked please let me know!

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is a good inexpensive one along with any of Jillian Michaels other workouts. No More Trouble Zones is a little bit longer than the Shred if you want to work out more than 25 minutes.
  • TamiHudson
    TamiHudson Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's DVD's (30 day shred, Ripped in 30, etc.), Leslie Sansone Walk at Home (www.walkathome.com), Tony Horton's Power Half Hour series & Slim in 6 (www.beachbody.com). Depending on your fitness level and how much you want to lose all of these work great. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • drblythe
    drblythe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is a good inexpensive one along with any of Jillian Michaels other workouts. No More Trouble Zones is a little bit longer than the Shred if you want to work out more than 25 minutes.

I use these ones as well, good if you don't have a lot of space
  • LuvLeigh42
    LuvLeigh42 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    to tell you the truth I used to just dance hard to great music, use my 5lb weights and do sit ups when i couldn't afford anything....but recently I was able to buy Zumba for WII if you have a Wii player....good luck
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    If you have the internet then exercisetv.tv has free workouts that target whatever body part/zone you are looking to train/strengthen/shrink. :)
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Check your cable, you may have free fitness channels or on demand. Also your local library should have some dvds.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Check your cable, you may have free fitness channels or on demand. Also your local library should have some dvds.
  • MeghanHill12
    MeghanHill12 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I bought "Fat blast -Latin dance mix" and its amazing. I'm sweating when i'm done, and its a lot of fun.
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I use the 30 day shred video ($9 at walmart)
    Biggest Loser video (there are a couple different ones about $8 at walmart)

And I have rented a couple workout games for the Wii from the video store for about $8 a week
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have all of Jillian's DVD's except her newest one, Ripped in 30. I really love them all. I have lost 18lbs doing her workout DVD's and watching calorie/nutrition intake here at MFP. I don't think it matters much what DVD's you choose as long as you stay focused & dedicated to a lifestyle change. Keep pushing yourself a little harder each day...it does pay off!

Once the weather is a bit nicer I want to do C25K and download some podcasts to help me with that. I'm actually very excited about it.
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I have had great success with Golds Gym Cardio Workout for Wii. It is basically a boxing workout and it has really helped tone my upper body, strengthen my legs and has actually helped a little with cutting my abs, too. I would definetly recommend it along with a pair of weighted gloves to add some more resistance.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i'm in a love/hate relationship with Jillian Michaels'! i've been doing her 30 Day Shred & LOVE the results. it is only about 20 minutes a workout & she kicks your butt every time! it was like $9 at target & you only need 2 light hand weights & a yoga mat if you're not working out on carpet. She says in the video if you do it consecutively, you'll see loss of inches by day 5! i've also begun her 6 Week Six-Pack & it's harder, about 35 minutes long & i'm positive it'll give awesome results!
  • jessicafreake
    Options
    I use a couple of different things, first for the WII my favorite is active $30 at walmart comes with leg strap and the fitness band, the second also for the WII is Jillian Michaels Fitness ultimatum 2009. For DVD's I use 10 minute solutions hot body boot camp and 10 minute danicing they cost about $7 each at walmart, they also have cheap pilates dvds as well for more strength training for very cheap.