Last Night's Biggest Loser -- Anybody Else Catch it?

Options
Okay, SPOILER ALERT: DO NOT READ THIS if you are waiting to watch last night's BL.

So -- I was SO glad that Courtney did not go home! And what is UP with this whole martyrdom thing they have going on this season? Why in the world would Kaylee (sp?) want to leave? I'm glad she's gotten what she felt she needed, but you signed up for this, girl! How many people would KILL to be in her shoes? I thought Alison was (rightfully) annoyed with her.

I must confess, I have not been a big Justin fan from the beginning. I am kind of glad to see him go. I am happy Jay is back in, I thought he got a really raw deal. My DVR cut off the end of the "next on" video -- what is the "shocking" video they showed?

What did YOU think of last night's episode?

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    There was something about a "12th team" that got picked for the show but wasn't on the show and maybe they're going to compete or something to get on the ranch? I only saw half the preview, but I saw up to the point where the 12th team shows up in the gym. So who knows what they are planning.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I think the BL Couples encourages the whole martyr theme... gimme the cutthroat singles any day ;-)

I liked Justin - I think Kaylee should have been sent home just for being ungrateful to be where a million people would kill to be!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I saw a little in passing. I don't normally watch. Alison Sweeney irritated me back in her "Days of Our Lives" days.
    I think a lot of the reality shows have a little bit of staging these days. If there isn't enough drama it would get boring really fast.

I watch Hell's Kitchen and it's amazing how during every single challenge there is always a tie with one vote to win it.
  • nhhartmann
    nhhartmann Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I saw it and agree with pretty much all you've said.

The shocker is a video (it almost looks like nightvision goggles) of Rulon (SP?) secretly eating something in his room. I have no idea - I'm sure it is something small but they've edited it to look so shocking!

I wish Bob or Jillian would've given it to Kaley(SP?) with her attitude and I think it serves her right that her plan didn't work - that is the universe telling you that you are not done there and better stick around. Didn't she gain weight during her two weeks at home?

Ultimately, I'm not too vested in it but it was a good show last night.
  • midonhau
    midonhau Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I think the shocking video was of Rulon caught eating in his room. Not sure why it's a big deal.....maybe it was late at night or it was what he was eating but I guess we'll find out.

This is the first season I'm watching so I can't compare it to whatever has happened before but I agree with you...there seem to be a lot of games and plotting going on.
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    you know, I think alot behind the scenes happen and while I didnt care much for Justin, there must have been something to him for everyone to really appreciate him as they did.

I don't like Rolan, I think he is on for the fame not for the reason of losing weight and think he will go back to the way he was.

Kaylee... wow, I liked her, but the crying stuff PLEASE! That showed me she wasnt emotionally where she thinks she is. I still like her pops!

I love Courtney and Jenn... those two are amazing... The sisters.. ugh they whine to much, although I can tolerate Olivia better than Hannah!

Yes, I agree... couples BL takes alot out of the reason they are on there.... Singles is best!
  • katierush
    Options
    The shocking video was of Rulon sneaking food and eating it in his bedroom--had to wonder why the big guy hasn't been losing more weight. All of Kaley's struggles over the last 4 weeks, show that she needs a bit more work or just needs to be voted out (instead of staying when Arthur and Jay went home instead). I liked that instead of throwing his weight and influence around that Justin asked to go home. I was very impressed that his team gave their web-cam family time to the blue team.
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Rulon is eating a bag of something (shocker - processed food exists on the ranch!) on his bed, probably after hours. He just revealed to Jillian last night that he would night eat after his wife went to bed. So, of course, this will be played out in TV land as some serious team betrayal.
    Kaylee is sick of punching things, I'm guessing. Kara's training seems pretty one dimensional and has her completely Svengali'd. She is tired and decently near her goal weight, so yeah, I get she wants to leave. Allison was PIIIIIIISSY - and rightfully so.
  • tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    It bugged me that Ken didn't get to celebrate his AWESOME 7 pound loss because Kaylee was freaking out.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Im apparently in the minority this season ... this is only my second season of watching it but...
    1. I like the couples and the "martyrdom" I think there is less game play and more of people looking to see who truly needs to be there. They are building relationships and support and I love it.
    2. I think Kaylee should go ... or soon go. She is at goal or darn close to it... I would much rather see her go then someone who has a ton of weight to lose yet
    3. The girls relationship this year is nice to see... the other seasons I watched girls seemed to be expendable. The girls are kicked so much butt though that is really throwing off the competition... Hannah, Irene, Kaylee really how much more do they have to lose?
    4. Go Courtney for the WIN!
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Wow, I must be the only one who wanted Courtney to go home last night. I'm sorry, but for a girl her size, she should be pulling bigger numbers than what she has. It seems like Hannah and Olivia often lose as much or more than Courtney, and they are a lot smaller. I have to give her kudos though for losing all that weight at home, that's just awesome!
    I like the singles seasons much better. The constant throwing of weigh ins this season is really getting on my nerves!
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    I think Courtneys weight loss is slower because she has lost so much weight. Once you get into the higher numbers, your body can sort of freak out and refuse to lose (I know because its happened to me at the weight loss level I'm at and she's 80 freaking lbs past me!)

I've watched since season 5 or 6. Last season I started losing interest, this season I'm back in. I do think there are so many already skinny girls this season and Justin/Rulon have annoyed me from the get go for some reason, so I wasnt sorry to see him go. Its been hard for me to connect with any one player, but I really do like Courtney and hope she wins it.
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'm on BL overload/burnt out! I don't care about anyone on the show and Moses and his daughter get on my nerves....She needs to go home. I love how Allison was like "this isn't a prison..... you are all free to leave at any time...."

Glad the BF and I watch it on the dvr so we can fast forward through all the annoying people. I like Jen & her dad but I am so sick of her crying ALL the FREAKIN' time....
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    It bugged me that Ken didn't get to celebrate his AWESOME 7 pound loss because Kaylee was freaking out.

Me too! But then again, I can't stand Kaylee.... GO HOME ALREADY!!!!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    I like the BL>I think Roulon wants to go home.I like Courtney.Kaylee disappointed me.I don`t know if it`s me,but seems like there`s a lot more commercials.
  • nicole326
    nicole326 Posts: 11
    Options
    I was SO happy that Courtney stayed. She has been one of my favorites this season. And I'm also very happy that Jay came back, because Jen was obviously thrilled to be with her daddy again. :) I actually thought they were going to pick Arthur, just because he has such a long weight-loss journey ahead of him... However, i hope Courtney wins, I just love her awesome positive attitude and how she almost never gets discouraged. She's such a GREAT influence to all of us who are trying to lose weight. I try to be just like her when it comes to weight loss :)
  • tmthorn0927
    Options

Totally agree, my husband and I were clapping for him. And Brett giving him a hard time was crazy! He would have like for Ken to throw it so no on on red goes home!!! ugh.
  • tmthorn0927
    Options
    I'm on BL overload/burnt out! I don't care about anyone on the show and Moses and his daughter get on my nerves....She needs to go home. I love how Allison was like "this isn't a prison..... you are all free to leave at any time...."

Glad the BF and I watch it on the dvr so we can fast forward through all the annoying people. I like Jen & her dad but I am so sick of her crying ALL the FREAKIN' time....

Loved it when Ali said you can go at any time! Why do so many people want to leave this season? Clearly she is not ready! She was sooo upset about staying!

And Jen crying all the time is ridiculous! She makes me crazy! Is she still a little co-dependent?
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    Options
    Love that there are people here i can chat BL with. LOL The bf is so not interested. I am disappointed it seems so soap opera though this time around. Courtney is awesome. I hope she wins it all because she never whines, and never gives up. The sisters bug me. I liked Marci a lot - she looks fabulous! Definitely inspirational though - i have to record it though because my zumba class is at that same time.

Totally agree that it really sucked that Ken didn't get to celebrate his 7 pounds. 7 pounds is so great!