i need to use up my mushrooms and carrots!

Options
I have a ton of mushrooms and carrots that need to be used soon! Any suggestions?
The meats I have are chicken, ground turkey, pork chops, stew meat, & pork roast roast...I think thats it until next week!

Replies

• AllisonMarisa
    AllisonMarisa Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I like the chop up mushrooms really fine and then throw in soy sauce & tofu (although you could use cooked chicken) in a lettuce wrap
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a hearty soup to me! Make the 0 pt WW Soup but with mushrooms instead of zuccini.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Mushroom and chicken quesadillas, I put onion and spinach in ours also with a little fat free cheese.

Carrots go in stew of course.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I love eating raw carrots....or eating them with some ranch...
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I have a ton of mushrooms and carrots that need to be used soon! Any suggestions?
    The meats I have are chicken, ground turkey, pork chops, stew meat, & pork roast roast...I think thats it until next week!
    I use them in my grount turkey. So I chop up a whole bunch of them and saute them with the ground turkey when its cooking. It doubles your meat as well. :)
    carrots I use them in with the chicken to make a lemon chicken noodle soup. Buy some organic chicken/veggie broth and saute the carrots, onions and some celery then add the stock, I cook my chicken seperately, then add it with a bay leaf juice of 2-3 lemons, pepper and whole grain noodles or any pasta you have laying around. :) oh and I use the rind of my reggiano cheese for the saltiness, if i have it.
    Hope this helps.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    you could make a marinara sauce and put over whole wheat pasta then put grilled chicken on top with a little parmesan cheese if you have it. this is really good.
  • pretentiouskate
    Options
    The carrots should freeze well.
  • southernlay_d
    Options
    Soup, or stew... Mmmmm.
  • rljohnson11
    Options
    You could always do a stirfry. I like to get the pre-made ones at Walmart (the Delux is really good) and add extra veggies to them. A little brown rice and you're set!
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    sounds like a stir fry to me!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Make a meat loaf with them or stir-fry them and use them as a topping on your meat
  • bwilton77
    bwilton77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Make a nice hearty stew with mushrooms and carrots it can be delicious and healthy
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Throw the pork roast, carrots, mushrooms & some onion in the crockpot w/ some broth & seasonings & cook on low all day.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Carrot Soup with Mushrooms

Ingredients
    2 1/2 tablespoons butter
    1 medium chopped onion
    1 pound sliced carrots
    1 large bay leaf (or 2 small)
    2 tablespoons white rice
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
    1 cup Mushrooms
    ¼ cup Italian Breadcrumbs
    1 tablespoon minced chives, plus chopped chives for garnishing

Preparation
    1. In a 5-qt. pot over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onion, carrots, bay leaf, white rice, salt, and black pepper. Cook, stirring, until onions are light golden, about 6 minutes. Add 5 cups water and bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes. Remove bay leaf.

2. Working in batches, purée soup in a blender until smooth. Return soup to pot, stir in lemon zest, and keep warm. In a small bowl, toss finely chopped mushrooms with Italian bread crumbs, garlic and minced chives. Fry. Put an equal mound of mixture mixture in the center of each of 4 soup bowls; ladle soup around mushrooms. Garnish with chopped chives.
    Yield
    Makes 4 servings
  • monicaP413
    monicaP413 Posts: 165
    Options
    I love to do pasta dishes. Make some PASTA,
    brown the GROUND TURKEY
    throw in the MUSHROOMS and CARROTS
    add some ONIONS if you have them
    add some low fat or nonfat COTTAGE CHEESE or RICOTTA
    add SPINACH and/or SQUASH or any other veggies you have
    salt & pepper

You can use as little or as many ingredients as you want. I did that last night and added pesto and it was so yummy!!

Also I love just roasting carrots. You can also bake the chicken, make a wine sauce with the mushrooms, some white (or red) wine and a little flour and just pour over chicken.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Got eggs? MAKE AN OMELET!!!!
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Get a thing of fresh broccoli, some potatoes, and onions. Cut all up(mushrooms and carrots, too) in to small bite size pieces, toss with a small amount of olive oil or grapeseed oil, season to taste, and roast them in a baking dish. The flavors all blend fantastically, and go great with that pork roast you mentioned.