If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try, try, try, try

Options
Hey everyone...I'm new to MFP and I think (will it jinx me to say it?) I may have finally wrapped my head around this whole healthy lifestyle thing. I'm a lifelong dieter and have just realized (duh) that it absolutely can't be about 'dieting' and it must be about become healthier. It only took 20 years to sink in....

My brother and I are planning to do the Warrior Dash in August which is a 5k sort of obstacle course/run. I've never done anything like this, ever, but I think it's the kick in the pants I really need. I know losing weight and all the benefits that go along with that are a great motivator, but having a very specific, time sensitive goal like this 5k helps me to stay focused.

So yea...just wanted to say hey and maybe connect with some like minded people who will support me and who I can support in this crazy journey!

Replies

• Deb4224
    Deb4224 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    New here too... nice to meet you. =)
  • roadbiscuit2000
    Options
    This is a great place to become inspired and reach your goals. You will love it, welcome and good luck on your journey!
  • fanullona
    fanullona Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    welcome! i'm doing a rebel race in june - it's very similar to the warrior dash. im hoping that is my 'kick in the pants' too :)
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You'll find everyone on here is very motivating and encouraging. Good luck on reaching you're goals...we're all in this together :)
  • ShelleyBowman
    ShelleyBowman Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome! That's what brought me here too.. our Warrior Dash is in June and I'm not even close to ready for it. A group of friends got together for weight loss and support and I jumped in to. We are currently do 30 in 30 which is 30 minutes of intentional movement everyday for 30 days. I figure every little bit helps. It took a while to sink in to me too that this must be a lifestyle thing not a temporary measure. There is a ton of great support on this site, some very incredible people. All knowledgeable in their own way and willing to lend a helping hand. My best advice... if you bite it, write it. In other words, record EVERYTHING. And MOVE! Move a little bit every single day! Feel free to add me if you'd like. Good luck! I'll keep you posted on the Warrior Dash too! Look at it this way... we get beer afterwards! (I don't even really like beer but I'm thinking it'll taste really good if we survive!) :)
  • ters190
    ters190 Posts: 5
    Options
    brand new here also! good luck on your DASH, I heard those were so much fun!!!