Good pair of shoes???

Options
So I am new to the exercise world. I want to get a good pair of shoes. Any suggestions? I do aerobics, walk, and I kinda wanna start running, since the weather has warmed up.

Replies

• Dom80
    Dom80 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I just bought the 5 finger vibrams.....yes they look like gloves for your feet. But omg they make walking running anything so much better.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I love my Runtones!
  • Rosebud1956
    Options
    I love my Asic gels, they are great..
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your feet.
    Arches? No arches?
    They have shoes made for stability and cushioning.
    So it's best to go try them on and see.
    I went to Sports Authority and told the shoe guy I have one flat foot and one arched. He recommended a shoe with a lot of stability, So I bought Asics and I LOVE THEM! No more foot pain!!!!! Yippppeee!
    They usually have the ratings of stability or cushioning on display :)
  • jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've had the best luck with going to a shoe store that knows their stuff like New Balance (not a foot locker or anything), we have a few local ones here. They look at the way you walk and take into account what you want to accomplish and any injuries you might have or might be prone to. I got Asics last year, and Brooks last month, and LOVE the Brooks shoes!
  • LMac423
    LMac423 Posts: 82
    Options
    Go to a local running store if you have one and let them assess they way you walk, etc...they will pick you out a perfect pair of shoes! Works everytime =)
  • FlashBang
    FlashBang Posts: 136
    Options
    Go to a local running store if you have one and let them assess they way you walk, etc...they will pick you out a perfect pair of shoes! Works everytime =)

You are a Genius!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I invest in Nike Air Max.
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options

You are a Genius!

That's what I'm thinking about doing today, maybe tomorrow. My left foot doesn't bother me, but my right one does in the arc so I know I need some better shoes.
  • elinger
    elinger Posts: 33
    Options
    I have always had the worst time with shoes, cheap expensive I have awful problems with them. I have tried all brands, so It really does depend on the person feet and how they walk. I do want to try those glove like shoes I heard its like walking barefoot which is suppose to be good for you.
  • southern04
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I will go find a really good shoe store. The glove shoes look weird and cool if that is possible. lol.