Guzzle Guzzle

Options
What do you count as water? *Just* water?

or do you count Tea, too?

how about soft drinks?

It's all hydrating, right? Do you count it towards your daily water goal?

Be honest. :devil:

question #2
Why not count the liquids you're consuming when you're working out?

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I count it all! If it makes me pee...it's good for me.
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I only count water........nothing with flavor and/or sugar.
  • sbmargo
    sbmargo Posts: 9
    Options
    I drink a lot of iced tea w Splenda and lemon wedge. It IS frustrating to have it not show up as liquid. Should I put it under "water"?
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    I count it all! If it makes me pee...it's good for me.

roses are red
    violets are blue
    i don't want to know
    what makes you poo
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I count water, tea or my benefiber drinks since i put them in 2 cups of water. Soft drinks do NOT count, neither does coffee b/c it dehydrates the body.
    But fruits like watermelon or apples count, they have lots of fluid. I don't really count those though, lol, i just consider them a bonus
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    I only count water as my water. If I drink soda, I log it in my food diary as food. If I drink anything like Gatorade, I count that as food as well. And I add creamer to my coffee, so I need to count that as food as well! Anything that will add calorie/sodium/sugar/etc I count in my food diary.

And Question 2: I do count the liquids I drink while working out. ...Do people not count that?
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I only count water and I now aim to drink 3 liters a day.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I count water (duh), Crystal Light (don't forget to count the 5 calories/glass!), and herbal teas. I don't count anything with caffeine in it, including coffee, caffeinated teas, and sodas, since caffeine is a diuretic and works against your hydration goals
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    I drink a lot of iced tea w Splenda and lemon wedge. It IS frustrating to have it not show up as liquid. Should I put it under "water"?

i personally would count tea .... if i were a tea drinker.

i also count my water w/ super diluted flavor packets.

i do not count sodas - although i rarely drink them - but i know others do. just wondering how many there are out there.
    i'm also curious why.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    I only count water and I now aim to drink 3 liters a day.
    that's my goal, too 0/\0
  • namrettik
    namrettik Posts: 127
    Options
    I only count water, unless I make tea at home. I don't trust restaurants in terms of what they do and don't put in their teas in terms of counting it as water. As long as I know it's zero calories and isn't carbonated, I count it as water.
  • Hummmingbird
    Hummmingbird Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I count JUST water. I figure that way, I drink MORE than my recommened fluids and dont even notice because I am focused on getting those 8 glasses of simply water!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I count Green tea and water. Caffeinated tea i do not count though. Anything else I do not count as water.

And the gym I always count the 8-10 cups I drink there.
  • Hummmingbird
    Hummmingbird Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I count JUST water. I figure that way, I drink MORE than my recommened fluids and dont even notice because I am focused on getting those 8 glasses of simply water!
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    i only count water. otherwise there'd be all those fifths of whisky - :laugh:

i usually make myself drink extra water to counteract the dehydrating effects of coffee or booze, but i don't count it...
    i would count other things, but i don't drink anything else :huh: :noway:

ETA: oh i lied. i do drink tea. i would count it except i brew the irish tea that i drink very dark.
    i also drink coconut water. that i would count, as it's 'nature's gatorade'!! <== or so they claim.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I only count water or lemon water :) Anything else I drink gets added to my food.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    i only count H20 :)
  • sierraman
    Options
    Water. We need half our weight in ounces daily. The rest is extra.
  • sierraman
    Options
    Caffeine is a diuretic. If your drinking lots of it you're in incurring a "water deficit" so to speak. The boost you get from it is nice... no free lunch though.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I only count water...nothing flavored. Soda, Juice all goes under my calories IF I consume them...not in my water intake.