i'm new and need some advice...

Options
i just recently started trying to lose weight and its so difficult.
sometimes i wonder why i even started it. I've been a "husky" person ever since i was a baby. And i've sorta gotten used to it. And sometimes when i'm working out i wonder why i started this diet and workout thing anyway. Is it bad that i've kinda accepted the way that i am?

Replies

• HISjuggalette061808
    Options
    i just recently started trying to lose weight and its so difficult.
    sometimes i wonder why i even started it. I've been a "husky" person ever since i was a baby. And i've sorta gotten used to it. And sometimes when i'm working out i wonder why i started this diet and workout thing anyway. Is it bad that i've kinda accepted the way that i am?
  • PammieT
    PammieT Posts: 11
    Options
    It is OK to be satisfied with who you are as a person. Having a good self-esteem is important.

Look at your dieting as getting healthy for yourself. I am not doing this for anyone else but me. I want to be healthy. That will benefit my family, most definitely, but it will not make them love me any more or less.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Have you accepted it because you think it will never change or because your comfortable in your skin?

i had "accepted" the way I was, even though in the back of my mind I knew I was better than this. I finally hit a point where I was't going to put up with it anymore!!

If you love your body the way it is, then workout to have a better cardiovascular health. If you truely want to change, sweetie, you've come to the right place! We have the tools and cheer team on reserve!

Come to my profile for links to great topics that will get you moving and on your way! (I think the second link is the one from a great memeber Banks. It'll will guide you through the usual questions!)

:flowerforyou:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    It is difficult to lose weight. Really really difficult. But when you really commit to it and see your relationship with food and working out change, you feel like nothing can stop you and you can do ANYTHING!

I'm the same way you are. I have always been bigger than all of my friends, and I had just accepted it, until one day I woke up, got on the scale and it said 260 lbs!!! :noway: I decided I wanted to live a long long life, and wear the clothes I wanted to without being self conscious and feel better about myself, and not get winded just going up the stairs. And I've lost 34 pounds since April. It may not seem like a lot in that time (at least it doesn't for me), but that 34 pounds means I've dropped two jean sizes, 3 shirt sizes, and gained a lot of self-confidence. I'm a work in progress, and someday I'll hit my goal, but the most important thing is that I keep trying.

So just keep trying. You can do it! You CAN lose this weight.
  • HISjuggalette061808
    Options
    i accepted myself because i thought it would never change. i figured i could do it whenever i wanted to and nobody would mind. But i went to the doctor for irregular periods, which lead me to an endocrinologist. He told me that i was dangerously close to being diagnosed with diabetes and that i better get on track because that was the last thing he wanted to see. But, for some ungodly reason, it still didn't kick me in the butt like it should have.

What really made it click was when i couldn't wear a dress that i had to my uncle's wedding in march. I was so upset that i talked myself into starting a diet and workout schedule.

But with a whole bunch of things happening to me at once, it didn't really work out, and i actually GAINED more! And, on top of that, my boyfriend at that time left me for a reason he couldn't explain.

But now, i've lost about 3 or 4 pounds, kinda by accident but on purpose at the same time. And now, everything is better. I have a new boyfriend, who is amazing and could care less if i stay the same or lose weight (but he wants me to lose because he found out about the diabetes), and i'm going to school to have a career in my passion. So i figured, why not start it back up now?
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Im 24 and have been overweight for a long time. I had gotten cumfy too and no thoughts of weightloss. Never had any medical problems or anything. Well now I have a 3yr old and I was pushing 250pounds and wearing size 22-24.... I couldnt do things with my daughter and it all clicked one day! I HAD TO DO THIS FOR HER AND MYSELF! its always better to be healthy. I feel 100% better and Ive only lost 40 of the 80 I wanna lose. Just imagine how good I will feel and look after I lose the other 40! hehe... YOU CAN DO THIS GIRL!

Lettes come in all shapes in sizes! hehe
  • HISjuggalette061808
    Options
    i know i can.

what are something's that motivate you?
    that's one of my problems is motivation, because of the simple fact that i HAVE gotten comfortable with myself. and it's a little hard for me to find motivation.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    What motivates me is that I got a HRM and I love to see how many calories I burn while exercising. I never liked to exercise before and now I cant wait to go to the gym. I also now like to drink water. I used to drink nothing but dr. pepper and Pepsi. That was it. No wonder I weigh so much as I do now. I quit drinking it cold turkey. It is the only way I can do it. I have been on here for almost 2 months now and I am down 21 pounds. So you can do it, just stick to it even when it doesnt seem to be working.

Connie
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    i know i can.

what are something's that motivate you?
    that's one of my problems is motivation, because of the simple fact that i HAVE gotten comfortable with myself. and it's a little hard for me to find motivation.

The jeans that used to be my fat jeans that I can't squeez into anymore.

The sun dress I wore for one summer that I love.

My husband.

My own sanity. I'm fed up with constantly feeling like less of a person because of my size.

Every morning, you have to make yourself a promise to do your best and be a better person. Take it slow. Implement one change per week, or how ever long it takes for it to be habit. This will take a long time. There are no short cuts to being healthy. Especially if you want to remain healthy.

:flowerforyou:

What I have found works best for me is using the South Beach Diet Plan. There are a million opinions out there that it's a "low carb" or "no carb" diet, which it isn't. It's the right-carb lifestyle. It's worked very well for me in the past (went from 180 to 155) but I let myself eat pizza twice a week.....I did all of those things that will kill any diet/life style change.

I'm currently back on the program and I feel great. I'm at risk for diabetes and most of my family is overweight or obese. High blood pressure, alcoholism, and a dozen other diseases plague my family and I am determined to not allow my life to be dictated by weight and food.

You have to find what works for you and your life. Then it won't be a chore any longer :flowerforyou: