Cleanse? Help poor uninformed me!

Options
Okay, so I tried to search for the topic I needed, and didn't find what I was looking for!

I've been trying to read up on cleanses, juice cleanses, etc. And i'm not sure what they ARE or what they DO. I just hear it can jump start or restart your weight loss. And I've also been feeling super nauseus lately, and I have no idea why, but everytime I eat I feel like I'm gonna hurl. And I heard these cleanses might help restart my digestive system so this doesn't happen so much or at all. But I'd hate to go out and buy some piece of crap system that just hurts my body, or do something that's going to fatten me up, or get in over my head!

A quick background though, I recently had my wisdom teeth out, so I'm not eating solid foods just yet unless they can be swallowed whole. But i'm off the meds, which contributes to the sickly feeling, but like I said I stopped taking the pain pills....

In a nutshell, HELP!

Replies

• tesstms
    tesstms Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Many pain pills have the side effect of nausea. The second side effect is to slow down your digestive system. I would hold off on the cleanse, add some extra fiber to your diet and make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids to get it moving on its own again.
  • Megume
    Megume Posts: 74
    Options
    Ya don't need to buy a 'cleanse system' to detoxify your body. If you have a juicer, try mixing high antioxidant fruits with wheat, lemon and barley grasses. It looks really green and kinda gross but tastes fantastic and is a great pick me up in the morning. If ya don't, Odwalla and Bolthouse farms sell Super food and Green goodnes drinks that are the same thing, only premade.

Drink A LOT of water, and tea. If you want an extra push through your bowels, drink Senna root tea. The most effective brand I have found is called Ballerina. It comes in a green box and tastes delicious and will really get things moving.

Try to limit excessive carbs and sugars and anything heavy during your cleanse. Basically, if it looks fresh and light.. eat it! If it doesn't, than don't. It will just clog you back up and make you feel crappy.

This is the best and cheapest way I've found to detoxify and clean out your body. By the end of a week or so, even just a few days, you're going to feel great.
  • skinnymia
    skinnymia Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Maybe try smoothies for awhile. Frozen berries, fresh berries, any cut up fruit, bananas, plain yogurt, almond milk, Splenda (if it's not sweet enough naturally). I don't know if you would consider it a "cleanse" but maybe it would be good for your mouth and your tummy while you get back on track.
  • bwesser
    bwesser Posts: 61
    Options
    Hi! I have also been poorly informed about the benefits of cleansing your body. I know that juices and other mixes might help, but the best way is a colon cleanse. I know this sounds horrible, but it helps with the chemicals in your body that you get from your everyday foods that have all kinds of preservatives (especially if you don't eat organically).

When I met my boyfriend and his family 3 years ago, I was told over and over again what was good for my body and what wasn't by his mother. She is probably one of the SMARTEST women when it comes to the types of foods, cleanses, and homeopathic medicine that I have ever met. If you would like to email Sue Whitney, and her husband - they have a lot to say as well as a website. BeginWithWater@gmail.com is the email that both Sue and her husband check daily and the website is beginwithwater.com.

The phone number is on that website as well, and they live in PA (if that makes a difference for time zones). Sue Whitney started her own business awhile ago as a sort of health consultant. Though she does not have any professional certification, nothing she says or suggests can harm you because it is all organic. She's also helped people with cancer feel less effects as well, and helped them to live easier lives while they had their treatment.

If you're interested, check out the link. If you would like to ask me some more questions as well, to get a better feel for what she actually does, my email is bwesser@ycp.edu and I can tell you some of the things she has suggested for me and some other stories. :)

Brittne
  • bwesser
    bwesser Posts: 61
    Options
    Also, please do not use Splenda. If you want to use a sweetner, use Truvia or some other way of using the stevia plant. The stevia plant is very sweet naturally and is a perfect substitute to sugar. Splenda is a chemical and not natural at all, which makes it nothing useful if you want a cleanse.
  • Silvergamma
    Silvergamma Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    http://www.everydayhealth.com/blog/zimney-health-and-medical-news-you-can-use/master-cleanse-diet-master-scam/

Your organs clean and remove toxins from your system. If there are toxins that your organs can't remove on their own with a healthy diet, drinking special juice isn't going to get rid of them. The body is amazing when it comes to this stuff. Nasty stuff isn't building up anywhere unless you have serious health problems.