work outs at work??

Options
hello everyone :) its a beautiful day in washington and i'm stuck behind my teller line ( i work for a bank). i was wondering if any one knows some good mini work outs i can do when im just standing here doing pretty much nothing. were not very busy? so if any one has any tips that be awesome!!! thank you

Replies

• hgunter10
    hgunter10 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Have the same problem, little to nothing to do at work. Here is a website that may get you started. Maybe you can modify the exercises to do while standing.

http://exercise.about.com/cs/exerciseworkouts/l/blofficeworkout.htm
  • Tiana405
    Tiana405 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    calf raises, incline pushups on the counter, squats, lunges, arm circles.... that's if you don't mind anyone watching. : )
  • LexyDawn
    LexyDawn Posts: 113
    Options
    Kegels. You can do these all day and no one would even know.

I started doing them because I have a back injury and need a strong core, but I keep doing them becasue they really help flatten your lower abdomen.
  • FreeToBeMeIn2014
    FreeToBeMeIn2014 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    OMGoodness! I work at a bank too and was just thinking the same thing as I stand here looking out the window at the beautiful day. Calf raises, squats, incline push ups are great things to do when you are not busy. We have a break room right off of the teller line, and I have brought my long stretch band and did arm workouts with it between customers.
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Here are a few things you can try:
    Easy and Fast:
    - Leg Swings:
    - Front to back 10
    - Side to side 10
    - Hulu Swings:
    - Clockwise 10
    - Counter Clockwise 10

Harder to do with subtlety:
    - Push Ups: Chair or floor. 10 reps
    - Prisoner Squats: Hands behind head. 10 reps

Although, maybe prisoner squats with your arms in the air may not be appropriate for working as a bank teller. Just thinking that one through a little bit and it might cause a panic.

--Carter
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    OMGoodness! I work at a bank too and was just thinking the same thing as I stand here looking out the window at the beautiful day. Calf raises, squats, incline push ups are great things to do when you are not busy. We have a break room right off of the teller line, and I have brought my long stretch band and did arm workouts with it between customers.

yeah we arent to busy so ill probally do some lunges and squats.thanks for the info :) do you guys stand? we stand the whole day
  • JudoJones
    JudoJones Posts: 54
    Options
    there's also balance positions and wall squats