stomach problems

Options
The first week or so of eating healthier did you have any stomach problems like upset stomch or diarrhea? tmi I know!!! I had breakfast this morning, and idk if my stomach just isn't agreeing with it today or if it is becuse I finally started eating better again the last couple of days....any advice would be appreciated! Thank you!

Replies

• hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    YES!!! Especially if it's done "overnight". Your body has to get used to the change. I did this last year. I went from no veggies and fruit to lots of every day and boy was I bloated and messed up. But it does get better.
  • mnkarp
    mnkarp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wonder if your tummy is reacting to a quick increase in fiber?
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Yes, for about 4-5 days I was going to the bathroom more frequently (not diarrhea) and was more gassy.

I figured that it was the change in the amount of fiber that I was consuming.

I was fine after the adjustment phase.
  • Jessika_Renae
    Options
    Yes! I had the same problems, especially when I switched to more fiber/bran and fruits I noticed that my stomach would get upset very easily or I'd be going to the bathroom quite a bit. I had to slow down my fiber intake until my stomach and body adjusted to this new healthier diet, but even still I have my moments where I'll still get the occasional upset stomach. Just listen to your body and try to find what food gives you the most problem and cut back on that til you can adjust. I have an actual stomach problem and my doctor tells me to eat lots of fiber and fruits but if I over do it without changing it up with other things then I have problems. It will get better!! Good luck
  • lisapickering
    Options
    Totally normal. Your body isn't used to the food. Try increasing your fibre (fruits & veggies and whole grains) slowly. Your body needs to adjust. Make sure you drinks lots of water too. It doesn't take too long to adjust.
  • ladyluck5210
    ladyluck5210 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    When I first started this new plan, I actually got sick.. could've been a cold or something but I swear this might've had something to do with it. I didn't feel like eating, and certainly not any junk, which was good and helped me to jumpstart my weightloss!!