Zumba To do or not do

Options
The club I am in (24 hour fitness) is doing zumba classes. I have no rythem at all but it looks like so much fun. Tonight they are having one and I dont know if I should go or not. Can any one tell me anything about zumba? Do you do it if you do how is it?

Replies

• SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I live for Zumba. Been doing it for over two years now. It's fun, sexy and a great burn. Everyone thinks they have to be coordinated/that everyone will be watching them. Not true.
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    :smile: Give it a try!! I'm definitely not coordinated AT ALL but I go 4-5x a week and I've gotten SO much better! It's a ton of fun and I actually enjoy going to the gym to go to Zumba! I say definitely give it a shot
  • luvlifejen
    luvlifejen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    zumba is soooo good go with friends and have a laugh its no serious i have such a giggle doing it :0) i have it on a 20 min dvd and ps3 game and loveeeee it xx
  • allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I love love love Zumba! There are modified steps you can do until you get the hang of the harder ones. It's a lot of fun and the music is great! I don't have the best coordination and I still look forward to going every week!
  • daniellejg
    Options
    I do Zumba and I love it! It is so much fun and a great workout at the same time. I would highly recommend trying it, at least once. What do you have to lose? some lb's :)
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    DO IT!!!!!! You will love it! It is sooo much fun. It can take a while to catch on to some of the steps, but you will get it in no time and you will love it in the process!
  • Krkoch82
    Krkoch82 Posts: 13
    Options
    I have Zumba at home for the Wii and I love it! I feel like no matter your rhythm there's a spot for you. If I could afford to do it in a gym I would, I would imagine the intesity and fun level will be amazing! Let me know how it goes!
  • Mrz_Rich
    Mrz_Rich Posts: 90
    Options
    Give it a try!! I started going once a week a couple months ago and I LOVE it!! Don't worry if you can't keep up or don't have rythym...just keep moving! It's a great workout! And remember...nobody is watching you...they all have their eyes on the instructor. Good luck! :smile:
  • tahardesty
    Options
    I love Zumba! You'll have so much fun and you don't need to have rhythm to get a good workout!!
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    You HAVE to try Zumba. I tried it once and am an addict! I too am not coordinated, I cannot dance, but it is truly soooo much fun. I'm on the front row dancing like a crazy person. Love every second of it and it's a great way to burn calories.
  • ashleyb1031
    ashleyb1031 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    do it!! its sooo much fun!
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Just go, its not meant to be taken seriously fab cardio burn too! Its the best fun I have exercising ever!!!!
  • jpjh504
    jpjh504 Posts: 13
    Options
    I tried it for the first time last week. I had a blast - going again tonight. Give it a try :smile:
  • Nyirishlass
    Options
    Zumba is my life, lol!!!! I do it 6 days a week and I have lost inches and the burn is great! I couldn't dance my way out of a paper bag so I am sure you would do great !!!
  • HillaryFrye
    HillaryFrye Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Zumba is really fun! It is very fast paced and intense, yet it doesn't even feel like exercise! You don't have to be a good dancer to do it. I highly recommend it! Has anyone found that doing Zumba is helping them lose weight?
  • msproducer
    msproducer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Zumba is freaking AWESOME!!!!! Do it girl! I've seen some women who aren't necessarily "dancers" in the class. You can always do the moderation on the moves if you need to. That's what I sometimes do. It's just so much fun with all the booty shaking and sexy latin dance moves. I burn close to 700 calories in that class.

Sharon
  • kymlynn13
    kymlynn13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    DO IT! No one pays attention to you bc everyone is having so much fun! I love Zumba and its such a great workout!
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I've been doing zumba for about 2 months, and I absolutely love it!!! It is a full body workout and a great burn. You do not have to be physically fit or have rhythm. I am very overweight, have poor circulation bad knees and not a lot of rhythm, but I have sooooo much fun with this class. I love it so much that I go all over my city to attend classes and I bought zumba for my Wii game system. Try it, you'll like it!! It really is loads of fun!!!
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Definitely gooooo!!!!!!! It's soooo much fun, and you don't even have to be coordinated! As long as you keep moving, you're going to have a great burn! Take some friends along, and have a good laugh, too!! I sometimes find myself cracking up (at myself, or for no reason at all) during my class. Looove it!
  • Mandie800
    Mandie800 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I tried my first class last week and somehow managed to get into the most outrageous one at the gym (according to the other girls there.) Other than liking to dance a little when I've been out drinking, thats the extent of my dance experience. I really enjoyed it. Now granted, I couldn't keep up with the instructor or the other girls that have been doing it awhile and it's going to take a few weeks to really starting getting the dance patterns down, but it was fun! My best friend went with and she quit after 2 minutes becasue she was overwhelmed and felt stupid.. I too felt a little silly but the truth is all of those other girls were just trying to keep up too and weren't paying any attention to me whatsoever. Every so often I actually found myself getting into the groove and having fun rather than just trying to keep up so I fully expect a few more sessions and it will be all fun! It was a GREAT workout - the most sweat I've had so far! An hour logged on MFP under high impact aerobics was 749 calories burned for me. Awesome! I say give it a shot - it can't hurt!