HELP ME PLEASSEEE :)

Options
Hi people, Finally a site where people can talk to eachother and give motivation and motivation is exactly what I need! I don't know how many times I have started a diet and given up after two weeks but this time its for real...100%
But .. I need Help! I am likely to jump of the healthy eating bandwagon at any moment, but I can it I'm only getting bigger, unhealthier and deprest! Im 194.6lbs and need to get down to around 155ish which Is the right weight for my sex, height and age.
So what I need you to do is all add me, keep in touch and so we can all do this together :)

Replies

• Searsh
    Searsh Posts: 27
    Options
    Oh and explain to me how i add people or except people and message people! Thankk youu! :)
  • Barbmarote
    Options
    We can help one another I know how you feel I only last a few days myself. I have tried this before but gave up and now I want to do it again. Good luck to you. Barbara
  • sweetnshy
    sweetnshy Posts: 97
    Options
    Friend request sent. You should get a red bar across the top with your friend requests :)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!
    First, I suggest that you think of this as a "diet"-- think of it as a journey towards a lifestyle of good and healthy food and body habits! Sure, every journey has its detours. . . but but that's OK if you're in it for the long haul!

Second, to add someone as a friend, just click on their profile on any message board. that will bring up a window with two choices-- "send a message" or "add as friend". You click on "add as friend", and it sends a message to that person.

If someone has sent you a "friend" request, it will show up as a message at the top of your "my home" page
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Our goals are about the same. Not sure if exactly what I weigh. I am going to get a scale by next week.

Is that a current picture? Because you look great in it. I would have guessed a much lower weight.

You may add me if you want. I think you just click on my picture and their should be some clues from there.
  • CandiesAndSweets
    CandiesAndSweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place! People here are wonderful and the web site itself has been of great help! Motivation and support personally help me stay focused on my goal. Welcome!! :flowerforyou:
  • havi7
    havi7 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

This is a great site to help be accountable and to gain support when you need it. Feel free to add me if you're looking for support.

Good luck!
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
    As long as you keep logging in here you should be able to stick to it. I know when I don't log in here I fall off the wagon so to speak.
    It's a long road that really never ends. It's something you have to do every day for the rest of your life. But having a place like this makes it so much easier.
    I'll add you and we can help each other.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    First things first... You took the biggest step of all and let me congratulate you. You realized what you are.
    To thy known self be true.

Secondly... the word diet is my view a misleading and bad word. Diets are temporal things... people stop dieting when they reach their target. As Garfield the cat once put it... Diet is DIE with a T on the end. Choose to live a lifestyle change instead. Sounds better already doesn't it? LOL

If you want someone in your corner... Count me in! I'd be happy to help!
  • sleepy184
    sleepy184 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcome,
    It really is a journey. I have tried various things before and like you, given up after a few weeks but I have been on her for just over a month now and I am loving it. I have also lost the most weight I have ever lost with anything else.

The support is great and its so easy to use it helps a great deal.
  • turtlecrazyva
    Options
    Hello ~ I can completely understand exactly how you are feeling. I just recently started my "weight loss journey" this past November and so far I have lost 30+ pounds. I didn't think I was ever going to be able to lose the weight but with the help of my Herbalife products and a wonderful support team, I feel great and the pounds continue to come off. Check out the website www.herbalife.com.

Good luck!

Stephanie
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    My best advice, when you feel like you are going to eat something unhealthy....get online here and post. The support will make you feel you have enough strength to work through the depression.
  • McBoBo
    McBoBo Posts: 87
    Options
    Hi ya! Welcome...I always correct myself when I say "diet" and change that to "lifestyle change"...diets have an end in site. Health and Fitness do not...permanent changes is what will help us suceed! My goal is the same as yours! I'm just a little a head of you...I bet you can catch up tho!! :O)
  • Searsh
    Options
    Ok first let me say ..THIS IS GREAT ! I really didn't no there was so many nice people and I'm grateful that people can take the time to help other people :)

and yep I agree "lifestyle change" I agree with that...and say that also but the word diet slipped out! haha

and to answer a question..Yep thats a current picture about a month ago, I'm prob about 5 or more pounds heavier since, but its how I dress I'm used to covering the belly so to speak and I'm sick of it...I only have a limited style dress or clothes to pick from.

Thanks again for all the support, feel free to message me anytime :)
  • jjennig
    jjennig Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am also new to this site. Our weight and goals are exactly the same...lol I believe I am shorter and older than you...but
    understand where you are at...I do not know how to use this site real well, but you can email me at jjennig@sbcglobal.net
    I am also on facebook...
  • mistic327
    mistic327 Posts: 12
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm new also! I'll send you a friend request! We can motivate each other :)
  • Searsh
    Options
    anyone on twitter ..fast way of motviation!

also I have the myfitnesspal app and I'm addicted :)
  • justjess575
    justjess575 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll love it here! Everyone is so supportive and the site is easy to work. I understand how you feel. I started at 191, I've lost 3 lbs, and am working to 160-150 range. I love this site! It's super easy and fast plus the app makes it even easier.
  • bouldert
    bouldert Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck with the loss of weight ,add me if u want
  • daniellejg
    Options
    THis is a great site! I'm adding you and we can help each other out :)