Hi, new & soooo happy to be here!

Options
Pangea250
Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
I hit that point last week - I am so sick and tired of being fat. It's been years of gaining and gaining and not caring about gaining. I'm embarassed by how I look and I need to do something about it. I started with MFP through my iPhone on Monday, and I would love to join in here for some support.

I don't know if anyone can relate...in my head, I'm not overweight at all. In my head, I look how I looked for most of my life. Great, right? No, because very time I pass a mirror, I see myself and it's a shock to see me. I'm disgusted.

I done really well for 2 days - so new, but so happy to just be doing it finally!

Replies

• xarri
    xarri Posts: 5
    Options
    I so know how you feel. You are not on this journey alone. I will be here as much as I can. Good luck. Its time.!!!!
  • middlegate
    Options
    Hi! I am new too and feel the same way. I also feel like I am still as physically fit as I used to be. Two years ago I started a softball team at my work. It was way more difficult to run as fast as I could to the bases. My legs felt like concrete. It was so horrible. I have had a few stops and starts since then, but this time it's different. I am really enjoying the workouts.
    Good Luck!!
  • tekiegirl
    tekiegirl Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Great decision and great to have you here :o)
    Feel free to add me as a friend.

Welcome! :o)
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! You will love this site!! It's great! Good luck!
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I am so happy for you too. The time for change can come when you really don't expect it... and here it is. It was like that for me... a light bulb. "Wow. I really can't keep living like this. Eating like this. Feeling awful like this." I realized... I want to ENJOY life... and I would do whatever I could to see that happen. Welcome!!
  • Netters311
    Netters311 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I don't feel like I am as big as I am either. I think that's why I hate seeing pics. You're forced to face reality. Good luck! You definitely aren't alone here.
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    Welcome!! I still remember the "first" time that happened to me.....nursing school - late nights - junk food and raising kids! I was in the passanger set of another students car and suddenly I saw my face in the side view mirror and was shocked!
    That was in when the battle began and that was in 1985......only "now" I'm winning (can't help but hear Charlie Sheen when I write that....LOL)!
    I don't allow this to be a battle anymore - it's my life and my journey. I'm focused on health!
  • jeyoung03
    jeyoung03 Posts: 83
    Options
    I agree! Mostly seeing it in photos, and whenever I was going out to the bar for someones birthday and going to put my "going out clothes on" and not liking the way anythign fit or looked. Feel free to add me!