Side dishes for chicken breasts?

Options
Along w/ veggies and chicken..what are some ideas for healthy sides?

Replies

• craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I like rice.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Chicken boobs go pretty well with just about anything. Mashed potatoes (leave the skin on), herbed pasta, veggie mix, whatever. I like to cut potatoes and carrots up into chunks and roast them in the oven with a little olive oil, salt and pepper, and cayenne. Mmmm.
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    baked potato
    coleslaw
    whole wheat pasta
    greek salad small
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    red potatos, carrots, a side salad, broccoli, corn. Anyone of those sides are good :)
  • cahira
    cahira Posts: 163
    Options
    We are having "ranch" chicken breasts with steamed broccoli and brown rice tonight. Ranch as in after it's cooked up I toss in some powdered ranch dressing mix which gets a bit crispy and is very tasty.

Other nights we have Italian chicken (chicken w/pampered chef italian spice mix) served with barilla plus pasta and red sauce and steamed green beans and/or a nice tomato mozzarella salad with light italian dressing.

Another meal I do is chicken breast topped with a smear of goat cheese and chopped cherry tomatoes, served with fruit and a side of polenta.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    cous cous (flavoured), a nice big salad, small portion of potatoe wedges.....my favourite though is sweet potatoe fries made biggest loser style! Yum Yum
  • erumer
    erumer Posts: 5
    Options
    Edamame!!!!!
    You can always throw in a can of canned fruit to make it easy.
  • PMaxim
    PMaxim Posts: 11
    Options
    My favorite side right now for chicken breasts is baked french fries. I coat a pan with Pam, cut up a potato into french fry-ish slices, spray the potatoes with a lil more Pam, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 25-40 minutes at 450 (it depends on the amount of potato, and sizes of pieces). I like mine plain with just salt and pepper, but my sister likes to sprinkle other spices on them--especially the Mrs.Dash blends. A 5 oz potato only has a little over 100 calories, and is quite a bit.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    My FAVORITEEEEE side dish (I eat it like three times a week lol) is what I call "Emmy Potatoes" after my friend Emily
    -Red potatoes (110 calories per 5.3 ounces- the Publix variety). I usually have two servings, around three potatoes depending. I weigh mine on my food scale.
    -Dijon mustard to taste
    -Thyme
    -Parsley
    -Garlic (I used cloves and garlic powder)
    -S & P
    -Cayenne pepper (optional)
    -Scallions chopped (I love these so I usually use three)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees, lightly grease pan, I use a round DARK cake pan.
    Dice potatoes
    Season with S & P, garlic, thyme, parsley and cayenne pepper.
    Place in pan and bake until crispy. Around 30 to 45 minutes depending on how many you have in there.
    Once cooked, add chopped scallions. I then put back into oven for a few minutes to get the scallions warm and fragrant.
    Mix in dijon mustard to taste. I like two to three teaspoons.
    Serve and enjoy :)
    Add more cayenne or mustard if you like it spicy :)

Quinoa is yummy too!
  • broxi1979
    broxi1979 Posts: 30
    Options
    Chicken Breast, grilled
    Red Pepper, cut in half and filled with cous cous or savoury rice.
    Side Salad with a light dressing.

This has always been my most effective meal when cutting weight.
  • WettonJ
    WettonJ Posts: 21
    Options
    Yeah cous cous or just lightly sweated spinach with low fat yohurt, lady fingers are good, they will break down the chicken faster resulting in a better digest.

Or slip it and add a little philly spreadable.. so much you can do with chicken, if its roasted, grilled and skinless your pretty well off compensated I always prefer turkey.