Do drinks count?

Options
Who adds drinks to their food diary and keeps track of the ammount of calories they drink? Ive been doing it, but not sure if i should! Any comments?

Replies

• leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    um.. they have calories.. why wouldn't you count it?
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I do. If it's anything more than water calorie-wise or sodium-wise, I'll add it. A lot of drinks have significant amounts of calories, so if you don't log them, you're ignoring part of your intake.
  • transformwithtonya
    transformwithtonya Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I definitely add drinks. They contain calories and that's what we're counting to ensure weight loss.
  • clar1984
    clar1984 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I always do, they can add up really quickly. I was also really surprized to learn how many calories were in fruit juices, so started mixing them with water to reduce the calorie intake
  • IanGiles
    IanGiles Posts: 54
    Options
    I added a fruit tea the other day... At a whole 2 cals. I count everything.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I do. If it's anything more than water calorie-wise or sodium-wise, I'll add it. A lot of drinks have significant amounts of calories, so if you don't log them, you're ignoring part of your intake.

Completely agree! If it has any sort of nutritional value (calories, carbs, sodium, etc.), you need to count it. Otherwise your totals can really be way off.
  • shulaw
    shulaw Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i count everything .....drinks ...spices everything :)
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I always do, they can add up really quickly. I was also really surprized to learn how many calories were in fruit juices, so started mixing them with water to reduce the calorie intake

I also do this to reduce the amount of sugar.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    yes count them for sure! those drink calories REALLY add up
  • Tarah1357
    Tarah1357 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm mainly a water & coffee drinker. I've never been a huge fruit juice drinker, I'd much rather EAT the actual fruit! lol However, anything with calories in it I count. Even my 20 calorie cup of coffee in the morning! :) lol
    FYI...
    Ocean Spray makes a great line of diet juice drinks made w/ real fruit juice. My favorite is the Diet Cranberry/Pomegranate. An 8 oz glass has only 5 calories, 50mg sodium, 2g sugar, 2g carbs. Just a suggestion for all you juice lovers out there! :)
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Drinks definitely count! Especially ones with alcohol, lol.

I pretty much only drink water (and milk with my cereal), so when I have something else, I definitely log it.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I'm mainly a water & coffee drinker. I've never been a huge fruit juice drinker, I'd much rather EAT the actual fruit! lol However, anything with calories in it I count. Even my 20 calorie cup of coffee in the morning! :) lol

this. I only drink water, coffee or milk usually and they get added. but even if I add a dietcoke now and then it gets added. lots of drinks have calories and if you donit account for them they could sabatage your efforts.
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Aside from water I only drink black coffee and tea. And that's only four or five cups. Making sure I log those 2 cal/cup would make about as much sense as making sure that I mark that I exercised for 30.5 minutes instead of just 30. :-D

If I ever have that random protein shake (like I am now), I'll log that. It's substantial. And if I drank 50 cups of coffee a day I would log that, too. I don't, so I don't. :-)
  • beefluv86
    beefluv86 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You should definitely add them. I log everything but my morning vitamin :smile:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. The 250ml of cider I had this eve almost pushed me over my limit for today!
  • Marcus307
    Options
    YES! and they can be "empty" calories so choose wisely...a friend would add Diet Mtn Dew and it counted zeros for everything so I wouldn't sweat that but sweat tea, regular sodas, etc..add them!
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hey, hotmess! lol Love your name. Yes, definitely count every drink, unless it is truly 0 across the board for the things you are watching. I am extremely strict about my sugars... so if I drink ANYTHING other than diet or water, boy, even if it is like 1/6 of a drink... it meets my daily sugar goals. lol If you see others not logging drink, in all actuality, they are probably drinking just water or diet drinks. That's my take.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    A lot of the people i know drink most of their calories and don't understand why they gain weight b/c they dont eat that much and they are fooled by "healthy" drinks, my brother drinks a lot of gatorade and is very overweight, he works for my uncles moving company and should be fit as hell bc he eats healthy but he drinks almost no water and lots of energy drinks and sports drinks. So YES i ALWAYS log what I drink