Healing Time.....How Long???

Options
Ive gotton such Mixed Advice on weather to Pop my Latest Blood Blister or not.....some say *YES*, some say *NO*, im sooo C.O.N.F.U.S.E.D.?!?!

After Debating for quite sometime Yesterday, i decided to go on my Nightly 2hr/6-Mile Power-Walk, it was Sore when i got bk, but nothing Major! HOWEVER..........

Later that Evening it really Started to THROB, when i Woke up this Morning i was Practically in Tears, i had to Cancel Wk for the Day and ReSchedule it for Tomorrow, which means i WONT be able to Attend my Thurs Morning Womens Bible Study!!! I can barely walk, needless to say i WONT be doing the Exercise Bike (it Requires Wearing Shoes!) or the Power-Walk Today, im going to *TRY* to do my Wii-Fit Wk-Out, here in a little bit?!?!

I am soooo Mad/Frustrated/Sad/Depressed.......if you DON'T *POP* a Blood Blister how long does it take to Pop/Heal Naturally on its own???

:explode: :sad:

Replies

• anzura
    anzura Posts: 171
    Options
    I wouldn't pop a blood blister! A regular blister yes, not a blood blister. I had one for a month but it only hurt for a few days.

The things to find out is why you are getting blisters!!
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I don't think I would pop a blood blister either. Since it is hurting you so much, I think you should get to your doctor as soon as you can. Hope you feel better, soon. :flowerforyou:
  • MightyMom4
    MightyMom4 Posts: 180
    Options
    This is what I found for ya:

1.Refrain from puncturing your blisters. Doing this will only lead to infection and thus slow down the healing process. To prevent the accidental popping of blisters, cover them with a soft dressing.
    2.If your blister gets punctured, make sure to keep the flap of skin above the raw area intact since this serves as its protection. Apply some antibiotic on the affected part.
    3.Since blood blisters may be painful, apply an ice pack to the affected area immediately. The ice pack must be applied for five minutes. Check for any reddening of the skin. If there is none, apply the ice pack for five more minutes. Check your skin’s condition again. Continue this process until 30 minutes have elapsed.
    4.The area around the blisters may be red and swell. Soaking it in Epsom salts will provide relief.
    5.Keep the affected area clean and free of irritants by washing it frequently. After cleaning it, apply some zinc cream to help dry up the blisters and expedite healing.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    you shouldn't actually burst any blisters. Its the bodies way of protecting itself. Medics will if the blister is so large or in such a place that it poses a knocking and tearing threat as that will be more likely to lead to infection and scarring. When medics drain a blister its sterile and usually drained out gradually or drawn off with a needle.

Leave it be, if it is very troublesome see a Dr/pharmacist who will be able to advise better than us
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I would see a doctor if I was in that much pain. The longer you prolong, the more workouts/events you may miss.
  • 702GRACECITY
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!! Going to the Drs is NOT an option for me, i have NO Health Insur and NO Steady Full or Part Time Wk im afraid so $ is deft VERY Tight!!!!

Im wearing BOTH Proper Shoes and Socks, so i don't get why i keep getting them, this is my 3rd Blister, 2nd Blood one, in less then 2 months?!?!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!! Going to the Drs is NOT an option for me, i have NO Health Insur and NO Steady Full or Part Time Wk im afraid so $ is deft VERY Tight!!!!

Can you pop into a chemist ...the chemist is pretty well versed in things like this...more qualified than Drs in some ways as they HAVE to continue training. I know there is a product that can be applied to help, called 2nd skin or something similar
  • anzura
    anzura Posts: 171
    Options
    Im wearing BOTH Proper Shoes and Socks, so i don't get why i keep getting them, this is my 3rd Blister, 2nd Blood one, in less then 2 months?!?!

Where are you getting the blisters? The number one cause is from NOT proper fitting shoes. Did someone fit you?