how do you find the right weight

Options
Melissaol
Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
Tired of people saying that's to much weight to lose. You shouldn't weigh 135..
Im 5'5" and started at 185.
Im at 174 today.
my goal is to be 135.
what do you guys think...

Replies

• LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You'll know when you've reached a weight you're happy with. You'll just feel it. My goal weight is also 135lbs. Im 5ft 6'. I have no idea what I will look like when I reach that weight because Ive always been overweight. So I'll just see how it goes. If I think I look good at 140lbs then I'll stop there :)
    Best of luck reaching you're goal. You'll know when you've reached the right one :)
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I would suggest if your goal is 135 go for it!!! if you hit 140 and are happy .. than maintain.. or if you get to 135 and wanna lose alittle more.. than do that!! You will know when you get there!! Just focus on 135 now.. and decide when your closer!!
  • mjanet
    mjanet Posts: 54
    Options
    I think you should lose enough weight to where you feel comfortable. Forget what people say or think, do this for you and no one else. But for a person of 5'5" anywhere from 125 - 160 is considered okay. I guest it depends on bone structure and how your body carries the weight.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Well it depends....

For me personally, I would never want to be 135. I'm also 5'5". I don't like to go under 150. But everyone carries weight differently.
  • erica2h
    erica2h Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I think thats a great goal, I am 5'4" and I started at 136, now I am 125, people keep telling thats enough too, but I still have my goal at 120, just do what you feel is right, you will know when you've hit your ":feel great" weight! It's always easy to gain back if you get that low and don't like it!!:laugh: Good luck to you!!!
  • vayax
    vayax Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I weight 125lbs. I think your goal weight is perfect!
    My original goal was 130lbs but when I got there I felt I could lose 5 more.
  • rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I think that sounds very reasonable and attainable. I don't think 135 sounds too skinny at 5'5"......not at all.
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    My actual goal weight is just a guess right now. I don't know when I will want to stop at this point, but I'll know when I get there. The number is so arbitrary to me, the body is what I am looking for, that and the energy level and muscle definition.
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 1/2" and my ultimate goal weight is 135 also. However, I am going to wait and see how I feel the closer I get to that goal. I may end up being happy at 140. I don't know yet. I suggest not listening to others about what you should do. Aim for the mini goals and see how you feel the closer you get to your final goal. Decide for yourself what you want your goal to be. Good luck :drinker:
  • popsicle33
    popsicle33 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    135 for someone your height sounds reasonable to me. I am 5'7'' and have been told, based on my age and height, that I should be 144. I think we have become such an overweight society we have become accustomed to seeing people who are clinically overweight by 10 or more pounds.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    135 sounds like a good goal to me - that would put you right in the middle of the healthy category on the BMI calculator.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    135 for a person who is 5'5 isn't bad at all. If others are saying that is too much-they must be jealous. I try not to go by weight. I have a certain size I want to fit into. Because last time I fit into a size 10 I was 15 lbs heavier than I was normally in a size 10-meaning I had more lean mass so I was thinner at a heavier weight. Anyhow-that isn't an unhealthy goal.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    This thread has some helpful information on determining what your goal weight range should be: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/181080-mfp-s-most-common-user-pitfall-to-avoid .

But in the end it’s about you finding what works for you. If anyone asks, just say, “I’ll know when I get there."
  • Lewzy
    Lewzy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I started at 200lbs. My original goal was 145 and I'm currently 157. I'm happy as I am now, really happy. I still want to lose a little more but I don't think I want to go as low as 145. Just keep going until you're happy :)
  • cayzee
    cayzee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert plus I just started but I think you should keep your goal of 135. From what I've read, a lot depends on your bone structure but more than that, how do you feel? how do you look? what is your doctor's input? As you approach your goal, you could reassess how you're feeling. If you feeling good and you're eating a healthy diet you may want to adjust your goal.
    I've also found that sometimes those around you don't like you to change. I hope that's not the case for you but it's something to think about. Do what's good for you and good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. That makes me feel good.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!