Zumba fitness

Options
I found out Zumba fitness recently and I wanna ask: Is Zumba really helps? Do anyone tried it? Share some experience and/or success please!:happy:

Replies

• shulaw
    shulaw Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i love zumba and have notcied a difference in the month that i have done it , my body is loosening up and i actually found my hips tonight for the first time in i dont know how many years , also i have bad knees and they have become more flexiable and dont go as much , also an hours workout is not only fun but it goes so quick everytime i do it :) i find it fun and i hate exercise i really would recomend giving it a try
  • NittyGrittyBritty
    NittyGrittyBritty Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Its fun!! But you have to go regularly and learn the steps, I find I don't get much of a workout compared to something simple like a spin class. What's important though is you enjoy it because that is what will motivate you to keep going, and once you know the moves its a great workout that engages your whole body!!
  • TiffanyRMiller
    TiffanyRMiller Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I zumba 3 times a week and love it! I am toning up and my belly is getting flatter! It's fun and the hour goes by very quickly.
  • bcraver2
    bcraver2 Posts: 1
    Options
    i teach zumba because it has changed my life so much. i have lost 25 pounds and have a ton of fun doing it. another friend of mine has done it too and she has lost over 50 pounds... so it does work
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I have Wii ZUmba, and I love it! I have been doing it since I started here four weeks ago, At first just 2 or 3 times, but last week and this week, almost every day. I LOVE IT! I didn't care if I was getting the steps, I just kept moving. The music makes me want to move. I started catching on to the steps more, figured out moving my hips, so now they don't hurt. (I was trying to do my hips with out bending my knees.) I have found definition in places I didn't know i had muscles, lol. and I have even had my bra over hang almost disappear, and the flab under my arm is lots better. It works my abs, I do other crunches to get my lower abs, but doing Zumba works so many parts of the body. And it's just so fun, the more I get it down, the funner it is. I want to keep going everytime, but like today my body just starts flopping around cause I'm so burned out. lol I highly recommend Zumba. I was really surprised how great it is. I personally have no desire to do it in a class, so I just do Wii. My kids have laughed at me, so now I don't let anyone watch lol, but I'm just about at the point where I feel comfortable enough to not care. I'm very uncordinated, but it's all coming together. lol.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I love live Zumba classes, but they aren't close enough for me to attend all the time. I just got a great set of Zumba DVD's, the newest set offered on their website. So far every DVD has been fantastic. Today I did the Abs and legs workout. So much fun, you're dancing and working your abs at the same time. So much better than regular situps! You should try it, Zumba it really great!!!
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    i LOVE zumba!! ive only been 3 times now, so i cant tell much of a difference yet but i know i will. i can feel muscles burning that i never knew i had. its a great workout!
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba! Before I got pregnant, it helped me lose 25 pounds in three months. I am doing it again to help me lose the rest of this baby weight and then some.