No more Red Bull :( suggestions please

Options
So, I'm an energy freak. I love being amped up non stop... BUT the sodium in Red Bull is killing my daily goals. I cut back to two a day and it's still just ****ting all over me.

Any "natural" alternatives you guys suggest? My diet is good otherwise, plenty of carbs and protein and I do eat my exercise calories.

Replies

• hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Please be very, very careful with Red Bull. My brother drank 4 big cans a day and you could see the anger build up in him and he would fly off the handle quick.

It ended up putting holes in his stomach.
  • mes1921
    mes1921 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It's not "natural", but Monster Absolutely Zero gives me my caffeine fix. It's zero calories and zero sugar so it seems a little better... I'm not sure on sodium however.
  • Nelly711
    Nelly711 Posts: 52
    Options
    I get the Crystal Light on the go packs, there are some for energy...Strawberry Kiwi and Peach Mango. Both are good and tasty. I love Red Bull as well, however I caught myself drinking those more than I would any water. Just mix a pack with a bottle of water and your good to go. They are nice to travel with. Good Luck!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for caffeine, is there something wrong with the typical sources? Coffee or tea?

And what do you mean you 'cut back' to only two Red Bulls? :noway: I'm afraid to ask how many you were downing before!

Perhaps you ought to consider whether it's healthy for you to use so many stimulants. If you are really that tired, you either need to fix something in your eating plan, your exercise plan, your sleep--or see a doctor to discover if there is some medical reason that you want so much caffeine.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    My friend drinks Rockstar Recovery - Energy Drink and it only has 80g sodium. I think it's the low-cal version also?
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I LOVE 5hour energy... I was drinking 2 of those a day too at one point when I was working too much lol. I lost weight just by doing that alone without trying!!! So yeah I would say be careful with what it is your taking for stimulants.

Here is a link: http://www.5hourenergy.com/healthfacts.asp#1_1
  • LOVEthighSELF
    LOVEthighSELF Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    5 HR ENERGY!!!!!! 4cals and no crash.
  • bouldert
    bouldert Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i found this stuff at costco called zip fizz you might want to check it out you can look up their website but it is cheaper at costco
  • hotelsierra
    Options
    If you are looking for caffeine, is there something wrong with the typical sources? Coffee or tea?

And what do you mean you 'cut back' to only two Red Bulls? :noway: I'm afraid to ask how many you were downing before!

Perhaps you ought to consider whether it's healthy for you to use so many stimulants. If you are really that tired, you either need to fix something in your eating plan, your exercise plan, your sleep--or see a doctor to discover if there is some medical reason that you want so much caffeine.

i agree with this, something else maybe "out of whack" - i normally crave sugars/caffeine when im fatigued- esp if i dont sleep well the night before-
  • hotelsierra
    Options
  • paul87920
    paul87920 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Endorush for sure!
  • jtp5184
    jtp5184 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i use Zip Fizz. its great and it works!
  • ZachyABaby
    ZachyABaby Posts: 235
    Options
    Yeah what's out of whack is I'm 24 years old and still want to enjoy my social life :D

I've tried zip fizz and endo rush, like them both. 5 hr energy never really did anything for me. I've got enough to pick from now, though, thanks guys!
  • hotelsierra
    Options
    lol...sometimes the social life has adverse effects! :laugh: Love the signature btw-
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Yeah what's out of whack is I'm 24 years old and still want to enjoy my social life :D

I've tried zip fizz and endo rush, like them both. 5 hr energy never really did anything for me. I've got enough to pick from now, though, thanks guys!

I hear ya bro. I can`t enjoy my social life without red bulls either.

wait, what?
  • ZachyABaby
    ZachyABaby Posts: 235
    Options
    Cool joke bro
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    5 HR ENERGY!!!!!! 4cals and no crash.

If you are sensitive to niacin (a B vitamin) I would NOT recommend 5 hr energy. It's crammed full of the stuff. I am niacin sensitive and I got what is known as "niacin flush". I thought I was having a heart attack! Major chest pains, really red in the face and neck and it scared me to death. Be careful and read your labels, folks. (I used to work at a vitamin store)
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    It's not "natural", but Monster Absolutely Zero gives me my caffeine fix. It's zero calories and zero sugar so it seems a little better... I'm not sure on sodium however.

i love the monster drinks

relentless sugar free are yummy and not too bad on the sodium(20cals for a huge 500ml can too)
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water and i mean alot. If you actually have a good healthy diet then you will have a good energy source naturally
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurse and you people are scaring me!!!:noway: way to f up your heart