Help!- Stuck & Frustrated!

Options
Has anyone given up carbs all together?? I know I could never give them up completely (I want to enjoy life!) but I could use some inspraition/advice as to how to really decrease the amount in a way where I wont go crazy! Maybe that will help me lose faster.

o'm having such a hard time losing weight even though I work out like crazy & eat healthy- when others do what I do they lose it right away, I feel I've been stuck in the same 3 lb range since December! I even gave up pasta & candy for lent & still not much of a change!!!!

Of course there are some days I go over certain carbs/fat but for hte most part I feel I do well & I work out 6 times a week from stuff at the gym like elliptical/treadmill to classes like kickboxing to the 30 day shred which i started about 10 days ago. I just need some extra tips/advice/inspriation!!!

Any advice would be much appreciated <3

Replies

• nikkijedlo
    nikkijedlo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice to you, but just wanted to say that I'm in the same boat and can empathize with you! I'm hoping that someone will have some good advice! :)
  • girliegirl1822
    girliegirl1822 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    same for me too I try to keep below my fat and carbs and sodium but it doesn't always work out that way I'm always over in one of them no matter what I eat.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Low-carb diets are not easy, I do a lot of cardio and was totally washed out by day three of a low carb diet... But, you must create a calorie deficit to lose - with your exercise this should be doable...
  • BillieDeacon
    Options
    I'm in exactly the same position. I've taken drastic measures and started fasting for 2 day periods. I know its not good for my metabolism, and i know everyone will get all uppity about how unhealthy it is, but it works and is currently the only way i'm losing weight. Any other methods have just stopped working for me.
  • Kookie57
    Kookie57 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm also in the same boat. I've been doing the 30 day shred, zumba, strength training and aerobic walking. Sometimes I even combine exercises (which wipes me out). I've been staying as close to my 1200 cals as possible...........AND NOTHING IS MOVING! I'm getting so frustrated.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    my friend is a diabetic and she has to watch her carbs. Maybe you can try a diabetic type diet
  • chippywelsh
    chippywelsh Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're toning up and slimming down even though your weight isn't changing much? Also, I think I often under estimate calories and portion size so I've been trying to over estimate this week to be on the safe side but making sure I don't feel hungry. I haven't weighed in yet but I think I will have lost this week when I didn't last week. I'm no expert though I haven't lost much so far!
  • ybba12490
    ybba12490 Posts: 252
    Options
    I just don't eat processed foods anymore (soup from a can grosses me out, haa :p) and I definitely don't eat pasta anymore... or potatoes. For carbs I pretty much eat nonfat wheat english muffins, wheat/grain bread and use margarine, bran flakes with nonfat milk. I've started eating mostly veggies and what I just mentioned and it works for me. I don't really crave potatoes and stuff like that, I'm more of a sweets person. I think you just have to find "healthy" carbs (if that makes sense?) I'm still trying to figure out my body as well, but I have been losing weight just restricting calories and carbs.
  • gembug75
    gembug75 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can say that I've tried soooo many different diets and I even cut carbs also. One thing I've learned is with intense training and working out as often as you are, you will need the "right" type of carbs to sustain your energy levels. I have personally found by cutting them all together, I crave them more and tend to binge on them. Another way to get "unstuck" would be to try new routines, longer times, increase your intensity. Cardio, cardio, cardio.....You may be plateued. Any High Interval Training (HIT) workouts will burn more fat and calories then a standard treadmill and eliptical. HIT combines cardio with high-low-high intensity as well as strength training which will burn more calories by adding more muscle. Stay strong and don't let it get to you, if you slip up one day...itsokay, get back on track the very next day! Good luck to you on your journey:)