Why am I not seeing any changes?

Options
I have been eating every 3 hrs and eating smaller portions for the last month now. I have been exercising 6 x a wk any where from 20 mins-45 mins a workout and I have not noticed any changes. The only thing I have noticed change is the scale going up and not down. Why am I not seeing any results. I am realitivity a small girl (4'11; 119.6), but I have not seen my stomach geting any smaller or my jeans fitting any better. I work full time and a full time mom so I try to get any as much exercise as I can with out feeling like I am negleting my family. Does anyone have any advise?

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    hi ya,the bigger you are the less you will notice the changes as alot of the fat comes from deep inside you!(around the organs ect)
    i dont know what weight you are but could be that..
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    also try measuring yourself monthly,alot of the time you can not see it yourself but people will tell you!
    i was a 68" tummy when i started out and now i'm a 48" and alot of strangers come up to me saying how wonderful i look and my old clothes no longer fit me by a mile but i still cant see it myself!! lol
  • joaniegray
    joaniegray Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you are at the right weight for you or very close to it? DId I read 4' 11" and 119.5 lbs?? I am short too but I can see for your height you may wish to lose a bit of weight, takes longer for us short ones I think. Are you using the exercise and calories tools provided on this site? I find they have been pretty close to predicting what I will lose if I stick to my plans.

Hope this helps a bit.. Good luck,
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! Its very hard I know. Im kinda going through the same thing. You work so hard, always tired from work and excerise. Keeping up with the food and blah blah! Its very hard. It dont come off like it use to. Your not alone, sorry I wish I could help!
  • Jaypea15
    Jaypea15 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hopefully you are eating enough. A lot of times I have been on faddy diets and they dont work well, because of the body going into starvation mode....... maybe check that you are eating the right amount of calories?
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    When we are at a healthy weight, the body really need an extra push to lose weight. Did you try changing the food you eat or changing your exercices (Try HIIT intead of Cardio)
  • silvergirl19
    silvergirl19 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Your body may be so used to your exercise level that the workouts are no longer helping you to lose weight or inches. Try varying your workouts, adding something with more intensity, or start lifting light weights (2-3 pounds), doing lots of reps.
    Also remember that the closer you are to your ideal weight, the harder the pounds are to lose.
    Good luck!
  • tramsey14
    tramsey14 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    All of you have been very helpful in your resoponse. I geuss I may be eating a little less than what I am suppose to b/c I always come up on the "finished under calaorie goal". I am going to try and eat a little more along with upping my level of cardio.
  • amjmomma
    amjmomma Posts: 41
    Options
    Sugar tends to collect around my middle. Watch what you are snacking on. Try to keep it fresh veggies or fruit rather than 100-calorie packs or other things like that. Did I also see that you work the night shift? If so, your body might be a little out of whack because of it. When I worked nights, I couldn't lose weight very well. Cardio really helps with your midsection. I trained for a half-marathon last year and I had to log a lot of running. Most of the weight I lost was in my midsection. I hope some of this might help and be something you might not have thought of. Keep us posted!!