DANCE FOR FITNESS (what do you do?)

Options
:smile: So how do you DANCE for health, fitness and weight loss?

At 52, I’ve tried them all: Zumba, Jazzercise, Jane Fonda (remember her?!) dance aerobics, belly dance, salsa aerobics, gospel aerobics, line dance aerobics, Step, etc.

And I LOVE them all……… BUT, what I love the best is to be in my own living room and put on my favorite music and just DANCE…DANCE with abandon.........without care……I even have tambourines, rattles, and a few hand drums.

I work up quite a sweat and just move anyway my body wants to that feels good. I figure its all good, so why not?? Lifts my spirits too :heart:

What do you do?

Or maybe what would you like to do??????

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I dance to Dance Central on xbox kinect...I love it...I dance for about 3 songs, including the "how to" portion and it gets me over the 30 minute mark.
  • Cjramirez34
    Options
    Hi.
    I do zumba currently. At one point I used to do what you did and I actually lost weight that way. I would do my own zumba class pretty much. This was years ago, but I am now enrolled in a fitness center where I do zumba and whatever class I see that may interest me.
  • Lulumaguloo
    Options
    I dance to Dance Central on xbox kinect...I love it...I dance for about 3 songs, including the "how to" portion and it gets me over the 30 minute mark.

I use Dance Central too! I love it the songs are great and alot of fun. If you haven't gotten Superfreak you should that song is SO MUCH FUN and kinda silly lol. Dance it up!
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    I do Dolfina's Goddess Workout belly Dance Cardio and Hula Cardio as well as play Dance Central on the Kinect. I love to dance! I'm planning on taking a line dancing class in the fall :)
  • teasha43
    teasha43 Posts: 101
    Options
    This is what I did a few years ago...and what I plan to start again this week.....It is the best, ain't it? I wanna get into a hip hop class...but not for a little bit. Not quite fit enuff for it yet (back problems)...I also would like to do the belly dancing...I have it on exercise on demand here:)
  • decode95
    decode95 Posts: 1
    Options
    if you have a wii just dance 2 is brilliant, it puts me in such a great mood and its very addictive ive played on it for over 2 hours a few times :') :D
    there's also a mode called 'sweat mode' if you chose the intense program on that it gives you a goal of 2000 points a day, by the time you have reached 2000 you usually have been at it for half an hour, the harder songs can really break a sweat too! :)
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I love to Dance, best way to get some cardio in and have fun. Doesn't even feel like working out.

I love Dance Central for the Kinect, ZUMBA and Brazil Butt Lift.

Of course, every once in a while a night out dancing at the club is nice too :wink:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I tried Zumba at home...and I bet the classes are way better...I just couldn't get into it, and the woman that instructed drove me nuts.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I love dancing, and, approaching 50, I've done a fair few different types! For me, a big part of it is hte social aspect, so I dont really dance alone in my room.

I love trying new kinds of dance - I did lots of ballet when I was younger, which I thank my mother for as it has given me the skills to pick up new steps, as well as flexibility.

I loved doing tap dance - so good for the thighs! Currently enjoying Scottish Country Dance, which isn't a great cardio burner, but sure is a lot of fun.
  • teasha43
    teasha43 Posts: 101
    Options
    My son jus told me about Just Dance 2 for the Wii...I wanna ck it out:)
  • cnjbarry
    cnjbarry Posts: 91 Member
    Options

I use Dance Central too! I love it the songs are great and alot of fun. If you haven't gotten Superfreak you should that song is SO MUCH FUN and kinda silly lol. Dance it up!

love dance central!!! "poison is my favourite. Always makes me laugh!!!