lunch time fillers?

whitters114
whitters114 Posts: 3
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
Hi! So, in analyzing my food diary, I've noticed that I'm over in my sugar every day, and with PCOS, that's something I need to watch. The main culprit is my Greek yogurt I have for lunch every day at work. Any suggestions on something I can have for lunch instead of just salad? Thanks!

Replies

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Plain yogurt, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, lower sugar fruits like berries, string cheese, whole grain crackers, nuts.
  • llongo80
    llongo80 Posts: 3 Member
    I like to do veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots) with a low fat dip, low fat string cheese, or low fat cottage cheese and grape tomatoes. Maybe anther idea might be a low carb nut blend (I think there is a south beach endorsed one), or another filler I love to add to my lunch is edamame. Costco sells a large box of them in the pod, thawed, cooked, and ready to eat.
  • heavyhottie
    heavyhottie Posts: 4 Member
    Check out Kalyn's Kitchen, she is a recipe blogger and has tons of recips and food ideas that are "lower glycemic".
    Althought we are getting out of the season... I like soup for lunch, especially with lots of veggies or beans.

kalynskitchen.blogspot.com
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    I add just a touch of fruit jam to plain yogurt. It saves me on calories and sugar.
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    When I make chicken for dinner, I make extra for lunches. I love chicken breast wraps or salads for lunch. No extra sugar, and lots of lean protein.
This discussion has been closed.