Failure story?

Options
Oh why!!!

Started this mid January 2011, and was doing really well - lost a total of 29lbs.

I have just come back from an all inclusive holiday for 1 week and managed to put on 8lbs YIKES!!!!

Its always the beer, why so many calories????

Replies

• Lulumaguloo
    Options
    no worries, Hey if you did it once you can do it again right? :tongue:
  • ashley085
    ashley085 Posts: 22
    Options
    Cause its soooooo good!!!! :drinker:
  • TaraLawrence11
    TaraLawrence11 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Join the journey again...the road is long and winding but this is just a speed bump... GOOD LUCK!!
  • sleight119
    sleight119 Posts: 125
    Options
    alway the beer thats why I moved to bud 55 but I fell off the good for you food truck this week to so just get back on with us and look out for the beer
  • squink1980
    Options
    I feel your pain...you work your butt off to get rid of every single pound and one bad week and it piles back on. ARGH!!! You've done amazingly, though...just get back on track and you'll be golden in no time!
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    CHUG, CHUG, CHUG!!! Water this time... not beer! :drinker:

A lot of that is probably the sodium at the restaurants. Get back to your healthy eating, and you will be just fine!
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    thats nt that bad for an all inclusive, i would have prob clocked up a lot more than that lol:smile:
  • omgsayalathieo
    Options
    No failure...you did it once you can do it again!
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous about the all inclusive thing... vacation, ahhhh... sounds lovely!!!! just get back on Braddah!!!! Drink plenty of water and don't look back!

L.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Everything considered, that's not bad. I picked up a few pounds when I went away on vacation (2 I think) but getting right back on the plan and it was gone in less than a week with another pound as well. Get that water flowing and I think you'll see them come off quickly.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I wish you wouldn't call it a "failure" because you gained a few lbs back. Even the slimmest folks out there sometimes gain weight when they go on vacation too. I prefer to think of it as a temporary setback. Just get back on track and you will lose it. Obviously you were doing something right, just resume it. Just my thoughts. :flowerforyou:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged. It is 8 measly pounds. You'll lose that in no time.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    who goes on a vacation to eat nothing but rabbit food and not enjoy themselves? it's called vacation for a reason! just hop back on the bandwagon - stay the course! hope your vacation was lovely!
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    That'll come off quickly when u get back on it. I managed 11lb at a 4 day rock festival. Beer and fast food from festival sites will do that especially when you're already too fat too give it loads to metallica! It came off within a week though
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Relax. Easy come, easy go. This will likely be the quickest 8 lbs you've ever lost. No doubt that a lot of it is water weight. You didn't gain 8 lbs of fat in 1 week. Well, it would be highly unlikely anyway. :smile:
  • kelley4123
    kelley4123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    that's far from failure! you had fun? yeah? now your home you can get back on track! :happy:
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I started in the beginning of Feb and I've only lost 10 pounds sooooo I don't feel bad for you! Haha Seriously
    Don't sweat it. Just get back on the horse!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Most of it's water, retained from high sodium prepared foods that you had during your holiday, no doubt. You'll lose it quick if you get right back to it. I hope you had a FANTASTIC time and I look forward to gaining ONLY 8 lbs when I go for my all inclusive week vacation in May! Thanks for posting! You did really well actually!!
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    life happens! Now, back on the wagon!! :)
  • JasonVickers
    JasonVickers Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many replies.... Thank you all for your kind words - the rabbit comment made me laugh as I went to Malta who's national dish is rabbit, and there were lots of it.

The main thing that really got to me was that now and again when I logged in I would get a nice message saying you have logged in for 60 days... now I have to start it all over again.

Right off to the pub....

Ok perhaps I will have some rivita with cottage cheese instead.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!