new to fitness pal I think I am losing, but can't motivate t

Options
Hi

doing ok finding fitness pal good for monitoring food, been guessing my weight on the weight in since entering my true weight, I am going to do a proper weight in monday.

I need help finding motivation and time to exercise, i just feel so tried and lethargic all the time, because I don't sleep well.

Replies

• Ajrydson
    Ajrydson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just joined also. I have been trying to lose weight on my own, but always give up a week into it.I need help staying motivated also.
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Welcome, glad to have you! Make lots of friends on here and that will help with the motivation:)
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome, i doing running, walking and cycling for exercise, and running makes me sleeeeeeep, try walking for exercise combined with the fresh air that should help with ur sleeping:flowerforyou:
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    Same here you guys. feel free to add me :)
  • Lulumaguloo
    Options
    For motivation I always go to the success stories here, they help me bunches. To make sure i have time to exercise I set my alarm early enough for exercise and shower before gettting ready for work. I don't put any extra alarms so if i don't wake up extra early I'll fall back asleep and be late to work. :noway: For exercise I dance to a game but you can dance to anything it really starts my day on a good note because i start my day having fun. I hope this helps!
  • missbeezy
    missbeezy Posts: 198
    Options
    Exercising and making it fun will give you more energy. Good luck with your weigh in!
  • sheryllh79
    Options
    I find rewarding myself with small rewards when I reach one of my smaller goals (like every 10 or 15 pounds lost) really helps. I've bought myself a nice pair of pumps, some makeup and perfume and stuff like this.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Add friends here and that will help with the motivation, but ultimately you have to want to do it. I have found that since I started exercising, I'm not feeling so lethargic and I do seem to sleep better. Also, take a look at the success stories here and I think you will get motivated, but again, we can help encourage but you ahve to be motivated. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. Also, set small reasonable goals and celebrate reaching them with some kind of treat (not food!).
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I have sleep apnea and hardly ever do I get enough sleep, but I have found that the days I exercise and burn at least 600 calories I sleep better. As for motivation ~ I have always been a yo-yo dieter but have finally found what works for me. The key is finding what works for YOU, not what someone tells you to be doing. Finding groups on here to join is a boost and motivator. I am currently in two and that not only gives me motivation, but holds me accountable as well. Best wishes to you on this journey. Feel free to add me if you would like. I've been on here since mid January.
  • jessieard
    Options
    Believe it or not..the more you exercise the more energy you'll have and the better you'll sleep! If you force yourself for a solid week to get up and just take a good brisk walk...before you know it, you'll CRAVE the movement. You'll be able to really tell that you skipped that workout and you won't like it. :) Best of luck to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I keep telling myself I'm going to get in a work out in the morning before I go to work, but I rarely do. I usually just end up working out in the evening. I have been trying to motivate myself to work out in the morning and evening, but I haven't been able to.
  • Maria1774
    Options
    Perhaps your lack of energy is due to an inactive thyroid. I went to my doctor for a yearly checkup, and she requested all the required blood work. When the results were in, "hypothyroidism" was discovered. I now take a pill daily and have never felt better.

Losing weight takes time; you didn't gain the weight quickly - give yourself a chance.

Maria
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Oh, also .... when I started my journey in October, a friend told me that in order to make something a habit, you have to do it 21 times. I kept that in mind with exercise and it really is a habit now:) I didn't do it everyday, to start with, just every other day. But stick to the 21 times theory and it might help
  • watchmelose2
    watchmelose2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Are you taking a one a day vitamin? This may help you! Get in lots of fruits and veggies! And be sure to drink your water! Hope this helps!:smile: