No weight loss yet

Options
I have been on here for almost a month and have not lost any weight, I've been doing better in eating, of course I've had my days but for the most part I have done better then when I first became a member on here,, and i am exercising as well..My calorie intake is set to 1240, should I change that? I am getting really discouraged.. :-( My sleeping isn't so great as I've mentioned before, I maybe get 4-5 hours a night, that could have something to do with it as well..I dunno, I see everyone losing weight and it's so awesome!!! Just hoping eventually it will start happening to me as well..

Replies

• Nevertolate1
    Options
    I think the sleep has something to do with it... like slowing your metabolism..... Sound like you are doing all the right things,,, i would not put calories any lower,, can have negative effect,, when I start eating normal again,, your weight will rebound....
  • mmlunsford
    Options
    Thank You ! I have always had a problem sleeping at night and have taken meds before but now am just taking OTC meds, I am going to try Melatonin, maybe that will help..I do have stomach issues which cause me to bloat constantly, uggh, so I feel so fat!!!!! But in the mornings my stomach is flatter, wish it would stay that way..lol..
    But anyway, sorry, I hope Melantonin works..:) Maybe that is a big culprit here!
    Thanks again hun!
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I agree about the sleeping. Your body needs the tiem to recharge. It is also during sleep that your body recovers from the exercise during the day and your metabolism is still working.

Hell, I weighed myself yesterday and was 157.2 this morning I weighed myself and was 156.5. This was after I got eight and a half hours of sleep, and ate all my calories for the day.

If you are exercising, you need to eat back most of or all of the calories you worked off. If you eat to little then your metabolism will slow and start storing the calories.

I usually try to stay withing 100-150 calories of my daily goal.

Hope this helps.
  • nomex
    nomex Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    before you try Melatonin, I would look up sllep hygiene on the internet. If you can honestly say that you are doing those things well, then Melatonin or sleepy time tea might be an option for you.

PLEASE, PLEASE do not use melatonin for more than 2 weeks. It is a natually occuring substance in your brain. when you add it to your system, you tell your body that it doesn't need to produce as much any more. SO, use it to get your sleep in order over two weeks and then stop using it.
  • nomex
    nomex Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    be patient, you will see changes soon. Look for those NON SCALE things that are better. The scale isn't the end all and be all. Do you feel better, have more energy, clothes fit better? If you continue to stay stable, maybe look at the accuracy of your numbers. Are you tracking everything? ARe you measuring or eyeballing? Do you count the tiny bit of mustard in your sandwich or negate that? Just some thoughts......
  • missduffbug
    missduffbug Posts: 217
    Options
    sleeping/stressing over it can do things to your metabolism - maybe try not to concentrate on losing weight - try not to think of it - just tell yourself that youre eating healthy because its better for you - the more you worry, the longer it may go on for. Dont put so much pressure on yourself, it can take time for some people.
    Perhaps try green tea- its good for metabolism and a good flush for your system - best of luck xx
  • mmlunsford
    Options
    I appreciate everyone for the information! It does help me feel more positive ;-) About the Melatonin, maybe I should try something else..I think I need to talk to my doctor again about my sleeping issues but I've also read that sleep aides do slow your metabolism down as well..which is not good news for me so maybe I will try the tea that was suggested..Thank you all!! You all are great!