Evening snacking

Options
Lately i have been getting hungry in the evenings and i find myself looking for a snack (usually a bowl of cereal). The thing is i never used to feel snacky in the evenings! What gives? I dont like it because i feel like i am overeating somehow. Any thoughts?

Replies

• bella5469
    bella5469 Posts: 43
    Options
    could just be in ur head i use to be like that when i was on A DIET! or ur body is lacking something.? skinny cow ice creme bars or sooo good. light graham craker with peanut butter and bannanassss...
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Keeping track of your water intake? Water usually fills you up so start with drinking water. If its been 2-3hrs after you ate but still before your evening cut off (mine is no food after 9:00pm) then have a small 100cal or so snack. Just make sure you are getting your daily water intake. That will help a lot. I know personally on my off water days I feel hungrier.
    HTH.
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I try not to snack in the hours after supper and before bedtime - but when I do really need something - I have frozen blueberries!!!
    About 1 cup of blueberries, tossed with a 1/4 tsp of sweetner is great. Eat each berry individually - makes them last longer!!
    Something weird about frozen fruit that makes it seem like more of a treat!!!

Another frozen snack I like is frozen slices of banana. I buy an extra bunch of bananas and then slice 4 or 5 whole bananas into a "marinade" of either lemon juice or pineapple juice - keeps the bananas from turning dark while they freeze. Place the slices on a saran wrapped cookie sheet and pop in the freezer. Once frozen, I transfer the bananas into a freezer safe zip lock bag. Great for snacking on or using in fruit smoothies!

Frozen grapes are awesome too!!!!
  • romimorris
    romimorris Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Today i am making sure to drink plenty of water, actually more than i think is enough!
  • clw_888
    clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My evening snack fix is Fudgesicle Low Fat Fudge Bars. They are only 60 calories and have no artificial sweeteners. They help me with my sweet and chocolate cravings without tons of calories!
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I always plan a small, healthy snack for after dinner. I am usually hungry, especially if I have worked out that day. Just make it part of your routine so you don't have to feel guilty about it.
  • boognish1972
    boognish1972 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I prefer a cold beer :wink:
  • bayabaya
    bayabaya Posts: 52
    Options
    have some eggs! Yummm & full of protein. you could always just cook the egg whites which are only 17 cals for 1.