what to do with those pants that are too big

Options
cmbneeley
cmbneeley Posts: 160 Member
turn them into cute baby skirts! i found this awesome tutorial on how to turn old pants into baby skirts. it's so neat. now i know what i'm going to do with my pants that are starting to fall off--
http://helpinglittlehands.blogspot.com/2010/04/recycled-pants-into-ruffle-skirt.html

what do you do when your pants get too big? other than go buy some more, of course!

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I usually donate mine to the Salvation Army because there aren't any wee ones in my house to recycle them for. :bigsmile:
    Well, and I can't sew/alter worth a darn! :tongue:
  • MissBekah707
    Options
    Get them tailored to fit your new body
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Give them a big hug and then kiss them goodbye, literally.
    Appreciate all that being that size has taught you about yourself.
    Then look in the mirror and tell yourself, "Thank you for teaching me all that you know!"
    You might be surprised in days to come by what comes out of this little exercise.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    donate them. so many homeless could use them.
  • WEN575
    WEN575 Posts: 34
    Options
    e-bay.
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i give them to my dog to sleep on. she chews EVERYTHING, so i don't mind her ripping those to shreds :)
  • nedasdaughter
    nedasdaughter Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    There are a small group of us trying to lose weight and so far the smaller people have given their clothes to the bigger people as we lose weight. Kinda nice to not have to spend a fortune when you will be in a smaller size in a few months anyway.
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    A few years back, I lost about 70 lbs (unfortunately gained alot of it back!). And at the time I would make almost bi-weekly trips to the salvation army. I would donate my big clothes, then buy new ones there. (You would be amazed how many things at the SA were brand new with the tags still on. I still remember getting a beautiful silk skirt for $5!)

The nice part is, the donations are also a deduction on federal income taxes. So it's like you actually get rewarded 3 times for losing weight - helping others, "new" clothes, and free money! :-)