Daily Tracking of Food & Exercise

Options
I am three weeks this Friday doing MFP. I maintain my database for food and exercise rigorously. The totals are mostly under the approix 1240 calories on MFP.

Why does the monitor say I will lose more weight then I have in the five weeks? I have only loss 3 pounds so far and have never kept so detailed track of my eating as the MFP database.

Why am I not losing more as MFP says I should? Thanks for any help. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    How far under your calorie goal are you when you finish for the day? How much are you exercising?

If you don't exercise and eat as close to the total calories you are alotted then you won't lose as much weight because your metabolism is not working as fast as it could be.
  • jkq2003
    jkq2003 Posts: 27
    Options
    Have you measured to see if you are losing Inches? Are you exercising properly? Are you eating at least 1200 calories after your exercise is subtracted? If not you may be throwing your body into starvation mode.
  • kuarta
    kuarta Posts: 65
    Options
    Are you eating too little and putting your body in starvation mode? Don't be disheartened though. I was a bit impatient when I started using MFP, thinking that the weight loss was slow. It is slow but it is regular. I have been on for 70 days now and have lost 10lbs. I am happy with the result.

I am sure you will be too given time.
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    Nothing can guarantee that you will lose what they say you will lose. We all are different. No two people are going to travel the same journey so its nearly impossible to rely on those calculations. Don't be discouraged. A loss is a loss. Be proud of that!

Do you eat your exercise calories back? If not, you might want to look into that. You have to properly fuel your body if you want it to burn more fat. G'luck.
  • claudia7777
    claudia7777 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your help. I do think I am trying to reduce food intake to ensure I lose. I have always been an inconsistent eater and trying MFP to be more conscious of what and how much I am eating.

Have tried Jenny Craig and WW over the years, but then go back to "normal" eating and gain the weight back.

I want to have a good feel for my body image. At 184 pounds photos and the heavier feeling made me want to feel better and fit.

I take thyroid medication for hypothyroidism which I am sure impacts my metabolism.

I am a work in progress. Thank you for the support.