So becoming weak with this!!!!!

Options
I was doing pretty good doing the 1200 a day bit, but I just can't get away from cheating. It's so hard and I dont know what to do. Any suggestions??? Please help! :frown:

Replies

• jen31889
    jen31889 Posts: 121
    Options
    Exercise more so that you can eat over 1200 calories or change you weight loss per week goal.
  • dipasqualekd
    Options
    If you pick a goal you can stick with, even if it is not your eventual goal, you get used to not cheating, and your body can slowly (and sustainably) adjust to its new regimen. If you're feeling weak, your body may be telling you something - listen!
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Are you eating because you are actually hungry or because you are bored? Look within yourself to determine why you are eating and then the answer will come easy. My problem has always been eating when I am bored. Now I pop in a stick of gum and get to doing something that will distract my mind.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    What Jenn31889 said! Add some exercise and you can eat a bit more. Also, my favorite mantra is:

ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!

Sounds pretty hokey, but it works. Tell yourself you can do this just for TODAY. You won't always make it through, but each day is a new day to take. After awhile those one days will add up to a whole string of days.

Good luck.
  • lissa879
    lissa879 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thx to you both, I'm not litterally becoming weak it's more emotional! I will definitely try the doing more exercising approach. Sounds pretty do-able :smile:
  • lissa879
    Options
    I feel like im always hungry rather than bored!
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    same here i was doing great now i just cant seem to gain control i usually do good during the day by nite im eatting everything in site....ugh....
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    I recommend you blog about anything in the chat forum to get your mind off food and to get some support.

You could say...

Hey I'm feeling hungry and need to distract myself...anyone want to chat about TV show/the weather/ the news/ pets / family....and so on.
  • lissa879
    Options
    Thx all. @ Katbaran tht is an awesome way of looking at it in a more positive level, thnk you!
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I had this problem lately.... so I started calorie shifting... some days my net is twelve hundred cals sometimes its fifteen, 14 or thirteen. It all works out to about 1374 a day average. And those high calorie days keep me from feeling like i'm missing out.
  • magenta4c
    magenta4c Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    is 1200 what MFP told you to go for with the recommended settings?
    usually 1200 is the minimum the body needs not the maximum of what you are allowed to eat.
  • irishbelle345
    Options
    oohh man mine said 1210 calories i have been tracking on here for about a week now and at first i was blowing it out of the water it was terrible. so I read a book ( the 17 day diet ) and have applied that to my new eating habits and make my goal or under if i walk for just 17 mins a day, but i am not starving at all and feel content all day. i do not follow it to the T but it has helped me I have not weighed in yet thats in a few days .....once i buy my own scale.
  • alysonleah
    alysonleah Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    What I do to avoid that is to eat little things throughout the day. Try to avoid ever reaching the point of hunger.

You can try to do four or five smaller meals a day instead of 3 larger meals.
  • Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have read that on several post here. Stop eating 3 big meals, and start eating 5 times a day. A good breakfast, then a healthy snack, a moderate lunch, then a healthy snack, and a lite dinner. That way you are never getting really hungry and it keeps your metabolism up all day.
  • coderedcoderedjkjk
    Options
    If you're always feeling hungry, change the foods you eat. Like if you eat eggwhites, have a full egg. You don't get as much, but after I have the whites I'm still hungry and after an egg I'm full for a while. Switching to higher calorie options might seem bad because you don't get as much, but it's quality over quantity.
  • thomalr6180
    thomalr6180 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Make sure that you are drinking water and taking fiber in. They will help you too.