Not much of a loss, but it's something. WARNING!

Options
I was never really heavy before I had my kids, but I gained 55lbs with my son (who is now 5). I was 165 when I got pregnant with him, but I was fit and I looked good. At 9 months pregnant, I was 220. I lost 12lbs before I got pregnant again with my daughter (who is now 3). I gained 12lbs with her so I broke 'even'. Having 2 c-sections (one which was an emergency so I got cut twice, instead of just once) really did a numb on my lower abdomen. My ab muscles are split and the skin will never go back to normal (even with exercise and a healthy diet, according to my doc). A tummy tuck is in my future and is my reward for losing 50lbs and maintaining for 1 year.

Starting this journey, I weighed in at 215.8lbs. I"m still not into Onederland, but I'm getting there!

This is only a 10lb loss and it doesn't look like much--but hey, it's better then nothing!

011611092531.jpg
011611092547.jpg
011611092736.jpg

205.8- Yes, I have underwear on, they are tan--need to remember to wear a darker color next time..haha.
031511101436.jpg
031511101504.jpg
0315111015232.jpg

Replies

• dorktv
    dorktv Posts: 30
    Options
    good for you!
  • KrystiR
    KrystiR Posts: 16
    Options
    Thats Awesome! Keep up the good fight! :)
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    That's 10 lbs gone forever! Good work.
  • marte80
    marte80 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I can tell a diiferent....don't get discouraged, keep it up!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Great job thus far. I too had two c-sections. My last son was almost 10 pounds. I am now almost at my GW and yet my tummy still looks bloated and wrinkly. I would LOVE for a tummy tuck. I think that's a great reward for you.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    those pictures are kindy blurry, but i dont think your stomach looks bad at all, I havent had any kids and my stomach is WAYYYY worse...
    anyway you are doing great!!! keep it up!!!
  • anbegley
    anbegley Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Keep it up. So happy for you.
  • sleight119
    sleight119 Posts: 125
    Options
    way to go good by10 lbs
  • sweetnshy
    sweetnshy Posts: 97
    Options
    keep it up girl! you are much braver than I am to post pics like that!
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Brave soul. Thanks for sharing! Keep up the great work! You have two beautiful kids! Love them! Enjoy them as you begin to restore yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    You are doing great...Keep it up.... :flowerforyou:
    I"m kinda sorry I didnt take belly out before pics myself
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options

I find that if I embarrass myself enough, I'll work harder to get to where I want/need to be. I have a pretty thick skin, so it takes alot to embarrass me, this does a good job though..haha.
  • courtrptr13
    courtrptr13 Posts: 272
    Options
    Congrats on your progress! Keep up the great work!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    keep up the good work!!
  • tracyg86
    tracyg86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    well done! I can see a difference already! :)
  • cmholsonbake
    cmholsonbake Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Three c-sections here. Don't you hate having that spot that will forever overhang your scar? I think once I get to the middle of my healthy bmi and maintain for a year, I'll get a tummy tuck too :) Maybe a breast lift too? We'll see.
  • SheriF63
    SheriF63 Posts: 8
    Options
    wow, it helps us all to keep working at this, thanks for the pics. I had 2 kids naturally but needed an abdominal hysterectomy later so I have some muscle and nerve damage so that will never look normal but I can work on loosing the fat stores and like you said, get a tummy tuck later. I am using a series of intense exercise videos similar to a very popular one many are using recently. Because of this, I need a breast lift also but financially I'll have to see since I plan on being in school for a few more years yet as I'm also trying to bet my Masters degree in health care. You keep up the awesome work and keep us updated on your progress.
  • SheriF63
    Options
    You have no reason to feel like you are embarrassing yourself! The majority of us look pretty much the same as you, we just don't have the nerve to post candid photos of ourselves. You are an inspiration to us all!!
  • SheriF63
    Options

I find that if I embarrass myself enough, I'll work harder to get to where I want/need to be. I have a pretty thick skin, so it takes alot to embarrass me, this does a good job though..haha.
  • dawnkitchen
    dawnkitchen Posts: 161
    Options
    You seriously look more toned already! Keep up the good work! :]
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!