how to get back into running?

Options
ive stopped runnin for a few months.....how do i get back into it with out hurting my self...??? help...

Replies

• coderedcoderedjkjk
    Options
    Start small, and with a goal. Do a mile and do it at a light jog. And don't stop or else you'll keep stopping. If you're tired, then just slow down a bit, but don't walk. I also don't recommend using a treadmill because they get boring and you tend to keep track of the time more. Try running around your neighborhood. It keeps you so entertained, just looking at everything, that you don't realize how far you've run.
  • army_munchkin
    Options
    The best way to get back into something is to just start doing it again!!! Start slow and work your way up to what u were at. maybe take a brisk long walk, then the next day or 2 days take a slow jog maybe just a mile. Keep it slow till you feel good then increase the pace or the length of the run. just listen to your body and if needed stop and walk for a bit! Good luck!!!
  • lesford
    lesford Posts: 8
    Options
    Buy new shoes! =)

Good ones will help prevent injury, plus you'll look stylish too, which might help with motivation.
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    There's a program called couch to 5K. That you might want to check out.
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    im in exactly the same place!! I looked at how I got into running in the first place and im trying that. I was cycling a lot to get my strength and endurance up, so that is what im doing now, and adding little 4-5km runs amongst it.

Im only doing what I can and im trying to do each run non stop, which helps with the mental challenge of "this used to be so easy"

Feel free to friend me if you want and we can (suffer)! together xx
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Couch to 5K (C25K) is the way to go!