New and struggling

Options
Iam new to this sight and I am loving it. I am amazed at how quickly the numbers add up! The older I get the harder it is becoming to lose weight. At this point I feel like I will never lose it. I gave up soda last week, I am drinking only water. Usually I see results in that alone and this time, I haven't. Maybe my body things I am starving and is going into protection mode. Anyway, I am 36 years old and looking forward to losing my weight.

Replies

• Sparkarino
    Sparkarino Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you and I know you can do it. I started with MFP just 2 weeks ago and just by writing down what I put in my mouth everyday.....I lost 8 pounds. It's amazing. You can do it!
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Iam new to this sight and I am loving it. I am amazed at how quickly the numbers add up! The older I get the harder it is becoming to lose weight. At this point I feel like I will never lose it. I gave up soda last week, I am drinking only water. Usually I see results in that alone and this time, I haven't. Maybe my body things I am starving and is going into protection mode. Anyway, I am 36 years old and looking forward to losing my weight.
    What is your calorie intake like?
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    This site really does help me view food in a whole new way! Keep up with the water verses pop, just the health benefits alone are worth it.

Try taking your measurements. I see more positive changes with that than the scale alone. I'm 33 and refuse to let age be my road block. I know we can do this, feel free to add me!
  • carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have kind of the same thing going on. I immediately lost a good amount of water weight, but now I've been plateauing for about the last week (was losing about .4+ pounds a day). One of my theories is that different foods effect my body differently and right now I'm experimenting to find the right foods for my body. I also know that I personally could use some cutting down on sugar. Check your report to see if there are any areas like sugar or carbs that could be a little detrimental even if you are below your calories.
  • mandy7777
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement:) My calorie intake is around 1200.