Hi everyone! I need some guidance...

Options
I just joined today! I'm petite (5ft 1 1/2 in.), and have always been a little overweight-- hovering around 135, sometimes 10 or so less, sometimes 10 or so pounds more. I've tried every diet known to man, but was intrigued by this site and thought I'd try something new. I'm 24, and trying to make a life change because I am not happy with my current weight, and would feel more comfortable at about 112 lbs.

I'd love any tips from those of you who have similar goals and/or stories. Any encouragement is appreciated-- I really want to do this for real this time! My biggest concern is getting frustrated with slow results, and I'm not very sure how long it will take me to lose the weight (this site says I should lose .9lbs/week, so I guess it will take around 7 months).

ALSO, I would LOVE tips on going out and drinking while on a diet. Alcohol has contributed to my weight gain quite a bit since college and grad school. What do you guys drink?

Thanks! :)

Replies

• lksamuel
    lksamuel Posts: 2
    Options
    Drinking--I like vanilla vodka and diet root beer. It tastes like a root beer float and is lower in calories than drinks with fruit juice. Plus, I found that once I made that "my drink" I could often drop the vodka and enjoy just the diet root beer and still feel like I was having a treat. It really helped me cut my calories from drinks. Of course, not all places will have diet root beer, but diet cola is good too.
  • xarri
    xarri Posts: 5
    Options
    Glad to have you here. You made the right move. There are so many things to do to get to your goals. The most important thing is you. First you have to know that this is not a diet its a life style, a habit that if done right will last you a life time. We will all be here for you. As far as alcohol, its sugar, and we know what that does.. I like to have a few drinks myself but I save them now as a reward for meetig my goals or while I'm on vacation etc. Its hard to do if you are a social butterfly, but it all goes back to who is gonna take care of you if you dont? Small changes lead to big rewards in the end. Good luck.