Still very sore from my workout last Friday...

Options
I played this kickboxing kinect game for an hour Friday, and because I wanted it to serve as my cardio for the day, I really go into it, punching hard and whatnot. It's Wednesday... Night!! and I'm still very sore. It hurts to walk, hurts to sit, hurts to stand. My lower back feels like the individual vertebrae in my spine are grinding together, especially when I go to sit or stand. I can't extend my legs out straight because my hamstrings feel extremely tight, and I can barely raise and extend my arms.

I stretched after playing, just as I normally do with any other exercise. I've never been sore for this LONG. I've been so sore I literally couldn't move (haha, especially after my first day of the 30DS, but that was months ago), but I've always felt completely better within two or three days. What should I do?

Replies

• 1111renee
    1111renee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    sounds like you overdid it :( try taking a bath a couple times a day adding 1 cup each of epsom salt, baking soda, sea salt and soak for 15 min. a time.........stretch also........I take glutamine powder in apple juice after vigorous muscle work too :) hope you feel bettter........keep me posted :)
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    you need to get moving - take a pain killer if necessary but you gotto get that blood flowing
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with the warm bath and Epsom salt. Feel better hun.
  • powerstrokediesel
    Options
    you have to keep moving the worst thing you can do is not move you gotta get those muscle stretch out and moving lots of advil and water!