How long have you been with MFP?

Options
In reading forum posts, it seems that a lot of people are new. Does that mean that people lose sight of their goals and quit MFP or that MFP helps people lose so well that they're soon off to their new skinny life? Or is it simply that the "veterans" don't post? I ask because I've been with MFP for only about 2 months and hope to stay for as long as it takes me to get to my goal weight.

Replies

• 30tips
    30tips Posts: 132
    Options
    2 months and a half. I don´t know the answer to your other question... I have seen people that have been around for a long time; you might find their blogs...
    Then again.. that doesn´t contradict the fact that people might lose so well that they´re soon off..
    However, I think a lot of them still keep logging even if they consider their goals met...I know I would at least for some time once I was "done"
  • sliceofsarah
    sliceofsarah Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I've been active for almost 4 months. I am not sure about where all the "veterans" are. I would imagine that the "new people" posts outweigh the veteran posts somewhat because when you are new you have more questions so you rely on the message boards more greatly.
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Not really sure what could be considered new vs veteran but I've been here since May of last year. If you go to certain parts of the forums (like success stories) you' might run into older members. I think maybe once the goal is reached some just focus on logging and not interacting as much other than moral support. I plan on sticking here even after I reach my goals just so I can still hold myself accountable and encourage others.
  • JeanHaynes
    JeanHaynes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I started on here in late November of last year, so 5 months. I would guess some people lose sight of their goals and or quit. I have at least one friend on here who has been using this sight for almost a year and he reached his weight loss goal quite a long time ago, he uses this site to help him maintain. It all depends on the person on whether or not they stick with the site. I love it and plan on sticking with it for quite a long time.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Ive been here 3 months...i have friends that have been here for over a year!
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    The 'veterns' have lost all their weight so are not on here anymore. LOL
    I have friends that have been on 180 days, a yr.
    People do drop off when they reach their goal. You also learn what you can eat, how much you can work out & it becomes 2nd nature to you after so long, so you dont log anymore. I have been here since Jan 3rd.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree with heyheysarsar. As people make goals they may use just the diet logs rather than the forum. I know I would. My start date was 3/11/11 as my first full day.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    195 days.
  • smelmel
    smelmel Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have been here a while,must be a couple of years now, I am past my goal which was 70kg , now I am down to 63kg, I still log everyday but I don't post much, never have. I think I will log forever only because I know this is what works for me but sometimes I think it must be a bit obsessive because I think I know how much calories everything is and how much I burn. goodluck with your journey.:flowerforyou:
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I have been here since August 7th... And i plan on staying forever! lol. some people just don't post on here. I for one love it and post frequently!
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Two months...It seems to be a mixture of things...several veterans are on here and very supportive of others, some have dropped off, and some stick around and respond to their personal group of friends vs. the vast amount of topics on the forums! In any case...I love this site and at this point can't imagine why anyone would want to jump ship.