Intro- THE one workout song?

Options
Hey!
So I started logging a couple days ago.. seriously.. amazing people!! Counting my way down.. aren't we all?

I was wondering what that ONE SONG that really keeps you guys going while working out? Music always keeps me motivated.. what song keeps you?? I want to make an awesome playlist, upbeat!

Also, I'd like some support .. would it be weird if I started friending random people?

Replies

• glorod
    glorod Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hollaback Girl by Gwen Stefani....I always chant, ain't no hall of fat girl, ain't no hall of fat...it keeps me going on the eliptical. LOL!!! feel free to add me :)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    About friending "random" people...I don't think it would be weird at all, but that's because I am that odd person that talks to EVERYBODY, even random strangers lol :) Feel free to add me if you like.

As for the motivating music: Whenever Flatfoot 56 comes on my iPod, I feel the need to MOVE...it's fast paced Christian/Irish sounding punk (don't ask, a friend turned me on to them even though I am neither Irish nor Christian...but they're amazing!)
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Green Day - Minority - live version :)

Feel free to friend me if you want :)
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Uncle Kracker/Kid Rock good to be me, the ENTIRE newest Kid Rock album, Born Free, Tim McGraw, Felt Good On My Lips, and Keith Urban, Put You In A Song. Those get me going and keep me moving.
  • 1111renee
    1111renee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    fav. spinning songs are :don't hate me cuz I'm beautiful and f' you :)
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I have two. Everyone knows me for The Hamster Dance. It isn't hoop class unless that song comes on once!

My second is Teen Titans by Puffy Ami Yumi. It just makes me smile and the super hero "sound" to it just makes you want to go go go!!
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    you guys all rock, thanks for the awesome feedback! I'm definitely making a playlist as we speak with all these songs! & Don't mind me if I add you. :)
  • ambivalence11
    ambivalence11 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Madonna - Hung Up, I cannot sit still during that song.

Actually, I listen to her whole Confessions On A Dance Floor album regularly when I work out. It keeps me pumping on the bike and treadmill.
  • mkeller234
    mkeller234 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have two. Everyone knows me for The Hamster Dance. It isn't hoop class unless that song comes on once!

My second is Teen Titans by Puffy Ami Yumi. It just makes me smile and the super hero "sound" to it just makes you want to go go go!!

The hamster dance, haha! Are you referring to ancient website the hamster dance or is there a new song that I am unaware of?

Today at the gym I listened to Portishead... I guess that is actually anti workout music but I think it's soothing.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Anything by Pitbull for me ... :") And friend away ... we can always use more friends!
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Any fast song by Blake Lewis, Push Push by Kat DeLuna , and Kylie Minogue's Music.
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    A few songs from my workout playlist:smile:
    Enter Sandman by Metallica
    sex on Fire by Kings of Leon
    In My Head by Jason Derulo
    Felt good on my lips by Tim McGraw
  • DBear2011
    Options
    Sexy Back - Justin Timberlake
    Nickelback - Saturday Night's Alright

Thanks for this post. I've been needing some new songs on my workout playlist!
  • spaboleo
    spaboleo Posts: 172
    Options
    As I am cycling very often, I usually like a playlist mixed or structured by the songs beats per minute (bpm).

Starting "slowly" with around 80 bpm...that could be nearly everything from pop to slo r'n'b.
    I tend to use stroke my pedals to the beat...so as this is a massive tool to adjust your own power :smile:

I like electronic music (house, electro, trance) while exercising because it provides many breaks with a low bpm most often followed by pretty intense periods with a high bpm.

When I really want to train my springiness (fast accessible strength) in cycling I listen to hardcore electronic music with around 180bpm or really fast rock/metal music with a double base drum in it :smile:
    If you' re able to syncronize the beat with your motion this is a really pushing feeling...and the music itself plays a subsidiary role :smile: so even hardcore electornic music gets "hearable" :wink:

Most music players (winamp, itunes) offer an option to display the beats per minutes by analyzing the songs :smile:
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options

The hamster dance, haha! Are you referring to ancient website the hamster dance or is there a new song that I am unaware of?

Today at the gym I listened to Portishead... I guess that is actually anti workout music but I think it's soothing.

Heh well in my defense it's the dance mix. There is something about it that just makes me smile and move every time it comes on. Youtubagey goodness here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EdBd68pu5k And yeah, it even works well for running belly dance drills. :D

Did I mention I'm weird? ;D
  • mbasham369
    Options
    My workout music and my everyday music differ SOOO much. I would never listen to my workout songs leisurely. These REALLY get my *kitten* in gear:

Linkin Park - Bleed It Out & Faint
    Metric - Gold Guns Girls & Stadium Love
    Sloan - Emergency 911 & I Was Wrong
    Madonna - Sorry, Hung up & Get Together
    Kanye West - Stronger

If I had to choose just one... Metric's Gold Guns Girls
  • mbasham369
    Options
    Madonna - Hung Up, I cannot sit still during that song.

Actually, I listen to her whole Confessions On A Dance Floor album regularly when I work out. It keeps me pumping on the bike and treadmill.

YESSS!!!!
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I don't have just one song! I have multiple playlists, depending on my mood, lol.

On days when I'm looking for a little more laid back cardio (i like to elliptical to the beat, lol), I'll go with some of the pop music that's out now. They're usually around the 120-140 bpm range. Anything by Pitbull definitely goes in this category, and really pumps me up, without being super fast.

For my more intense days, more intense music! On those days, I use my Rock playlist, which includes a TON of Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, Nine Inch Nails, etc. Those get me going in the 150-200 bpm range, which burns mega calories! I tend to mouth the words along as I'm working out, so I'm sure people at my gym think I'm nuts, but I have a great time, so I don't care, haha.

I also like some techno songs, thrown in to each for good measure. Easy beats to follow, and usually pretty fast.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Pretty much anything by Motley Crue, Pink - F***in Perfect, Rihanna - S&M, Sick Puppies - You're Going Down. I am updating my workout playlist now :) And feel free to add me.
  • everythingthin
    Options
    Get Busy (Taku Takahashi Remix) - LaTourette

listen! and you'll definitely understand why its such a great workout song!