20.4 pounds gone in 5 weeks!!

Options
So I'm new to this site for the most part, I joined a little over 5 weeks ago, but it seriously has been a life changing thing. I've always been a larger girl, and I've always made excuses, but something finally snapped in me to REALLY start trying to lose weight.

I'm 22, I shouldn't have to live my life ashamed of the way I look and when I do get complimented for my style or my look it's either "you have such a pretty face," or some drunk guy out at the bar. I want to get complimented for just being beautiful on the outside and in and looking HEALTHY.

So, after that relevation 5 weeks ago, I'm here now...20.4 pounds down! No progress pics, because I want to wait until I lose a significant amount more before I do, but I'm still extremely pleased with my progess. As I've browsed the site I've seen goals and mini goals set by people. I don't really have any mini goals...just one when I reach my goal weight: I want to body surf at a rock concert :) haha. I'm way into music, I record bands and do all of that stuff, and whenever I'm in the crowd at the concert I always watch the crowd surfers wishing I could do that but I've always been too overweight.

And I don't care how long it takes to get to that point, but when it does, it'll be one of the best moments in my life :)

Stats:
5'8
SW: 290.8...(2/14/11)
CW: 270.4 (3/21/11) YAYY!
GW: 145

Here we go...

Replies

• malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep it up, you can do it!
  • kmcoulon
    kmcoulon Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I got news for you chickie, 20 lbs IS a VERY significant amount! GREAT job!
  • kbelloise
    Options
    Awesome!!! Loved reading about your goals! Hope I can help in any small way :)
  • Jamiemielke
    Jamiemielke Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Great job!! Keep up the great work:)

sw:252
    cw:221
    gw:160
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You should be proud! You did a wonderful job and your making a choice to live longer! Congrats on your success and here's to much more!
  • Nic_b14
    Nic_b14 Posts: 2
    Options
    good job girl!!!!! :happy:
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    ahh well done, that is fantastic :smile:
  • xmelanieg
    xmelanieg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That's awesome...keep it going, girl :)
  • KillyKhan
    KillyKhan Posts: 12
    Options
    Hells yeah girl. You got this!
  • delilah514
    delilah514 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss that is such a big amount in 5 weeks! I wish I could lose it that fasts!

I love your goal to, sounds like a good one. I have always wanted to body surf, but I am to chicken (and I am afraid they will kick me out of the show!)

Keep up the good work!!!!!!

:happy:
  • tiffytraxler88
    tiffytraxler88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! And true 20 pounds is a significant amount...lol, I guess because I can't really see a difference yet it doesn't seem like it to me. Every time I see the scale lower I squeal like a little school girl though haha.
  • Kimmerz1
    Kimmerz1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Awsome work!!! Keep it up and you will feel and look GREAT!! I have the same feeling as you! I am too a heavier girl always have and don't really have that high self esteem that I would like to have? You can add me as a friend and we can help each other out. Can I ask what your eating or doing?
  • Bmorrow
    Bmorrow Posts: 169
    Options
    Way to go...that is a fantastic weight loss in 5 weeks! Keep up the good work!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Good job!:happy:
  • tiffytraxler88
    Options
    For the most part I stick below my calorie goal, and I work out for an hour every other day...I'm also a waitress while in school and not working with the bands I record so I'm on my feet a lot
  • hnwebb82
    hnwebb82 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! This site and the app have helped me tremendously as well...
  • tiffytraxler88
    Options
    Yeah I really do have thise site and the app on my phone to thank tremendously because it helps being able to keep track of the calories and makes things soooo much easier, especially having the barcode scanner on my phone!!
  • ChristineMiller2
    Options
    woowwwwoza awesome!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!