Hi...My name is Rich...and i'm outta shape.

rcprince16
rcprince16 Posts: 3
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
LOL...I'm trying to cut 30 pounds off, so my future fiancee can't keep her hands off me. Just joking babe...unless you gonna do it. :) I like being able to track what i eat, cause it makes me more aware of how reckless i have been all day s i can know whether or not dinner gets to be the fulfilling experience I try to make it or if I'll be eating something that taste like porage instead. (*Raises glass*) Here's to the success that i've already claimed over my weight!

Replies

• tjanette1216
    tjanette1216 Posts: 7 Member
    Welcome Rich! I bet your future fiancee is a lucky chick! (Thats me by the way, lol) We can do this!

Make friends, log your food, stick around a while. The accountability and the encouragement is great. Love you.
  • Welcome.... This site helps me out so much!!! It keeps you on your toes and is great for monitoring BAD habits and Curbing them..... Congrats on your upcoming lean wedding!! :)
  • bradbyu
    bradbyu Posts: 14
    My wife got me into this, and I've really had some eye openers. I didn't realize how bad my snacking was for my calorie intake! Holy cow! These last few weeks have been great to make sure I know what I'm putting into my body and the pounds have been coming off! (7 with MFP and 15 since I started losing weight about 2 months ago) I've found I can eat junk as long as I exercise enough to burn it all off. (it's kind of fun!)

This whole endeavor is definitely a lot easier with a buddy, especially a spouse, or a future one! You two will be great motivators for each other both with cooking/eating healthier and exercising.

Good luck on your journey and congrats on finding someone to spend the rest of your life with!
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    From on Rich to another Hi mate.

Yeah good point fitness pal shows how reckless I can be with my food. I have managed to get used to eating some bland food like weetabix.

Here is a good healthy meal Chicken kebab: get some diced chicken breast onion, red pepper, orange pepper cut it up stick it all on a stick. Rather than marinade it or put sauce on, sprinkle with a bit of chile power, mild curry power and some crushed garlic if you want. and eat with rice. No sauce (may be a drop of soya) and no bread.

It's really filling, low fat healthy but feels a bit like treating yourself to junk food!!!!
  • Welcome Rich! I bet your future fiancee is a lucky chick! (Thats me by the way, lol) We can do this!

Make friends, log your food, stick around a while. The accountability and the encouragement is great. Love you.

Love you too baby! Let's do this!
  • shandy32
    shandy32 Posts: 193 Member
    aww get a room the two of you lol

welcome to mfp hope you both succeed with your goals lol
  • jeaniedev
    jeaniedev Posts: 117 Member
    Welcome LOVE MFP really has helped me to shed some lbs...I have been working out for what feels like forever, but once I finally decided to religiously log my food, the weight just fell off...:smile:
  • grandmanita
    grandmanita Posts: 59 Member
    Hi Rich,
    I just started yesterday because it is time for change in my life. I have procrastinated about this long enough and have been angry alot of the time, because weight was never a problem for me until now. I want my life back...So good luck and go forward to good things...
  • dmaffy
    dmaffy Posts: 6 Member
    Good luck mate yull find a lot of help and support on here
  • I agree, when I first started counting calories here I didn't realise how much cheese or nuts etc can go up, a small portion is a high amount! Portion control is the key I suppose. Bummer right ;-) It's a good help to have the food database that can be personalised!
  • pghfan
    pghfan Posts: 119
    Welcome to both of you! You will love this site. There is so much good information here, and I have never found a site with more complete nutrition information in one place. Makes it WAY easy to track not just calories but nutrition in general, and in a few weeks you will really start to think in a whole new way about your food! Best of luck to you both.
  • Welcome, nothing wrong with looking so good your fiancée wants to jump you. Good goal
This discussion has been closed.