Help! Plateaued for a month!

Options
I've been eating 1200 calories the days I don't work out, and trying to stay around my calorie goal the days I do work out, but I haven't lost any weight in the last month! I work out 3-4 times a week (kickboxing, running, high intensity aerobics, etc). What am I doing wrong!?!?!

Replies

• ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You probably aren't eating enough!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    you may require a workout shake up or a dietary shake up as the body will adapt to nearly all things you do to it. This is the very reason who I recommend a pig out day once every 3 weeks to throw things out of balance and use a rotating workout routine every 2 weeks.
  • blahlemon
    blahlemon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Or you are offsetting your weight loss with muscle mass. Look for other indicators like body fat % or inches.

Weight is just a number. It's not the whole story.
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have a fruit and veggie cleanse that may interest you. It is like a dietary boot camp for your metabolism. Friend me if you want it. I will send it to you in message form once I see you.
    Leah
    RyonsLions2
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    yes you should be using measurements as the true indicator yes.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    STRENGTH TRAINING. Sorry I have had to caps that because it is so important. Building more lean mass=more cals burned while just sitting around.
    I work at a boot camp and have been doing the workouts and the weight is falling off me, but I am also eating at least 1500 cals/day. Even when I don't workout. Depending on how intense your workouts are you need food. Also it doesn't sound like you are doing any strength training. I am not talking about these mamby pamby classes at a gym, but getting in there and going to muscle fatigue to see some results. If you really want to see a change add it to your workouts!!
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    And sorry-one more thing. I am married to a doctor and have a dietitian for a sister and am in the fitness industry. . Cleanses are not good, you don't need them-it is something your body does on its own, unless your kidneys or pancreas are having trouble, your body is probably doing fine on it's own!!
  • boardgirl69
    Options
    You are exactly right!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I was stuck at a plateau for a month, I was SOoOo sick of seeing the same number on that scale!
    I had my goals set to lose 1.5 lbs a week, so I changed it to 1 lb.
    I also was under estimating my calories and therefore not eating enough. I was doing a fitness boot camp and burning 700+ calories and I was estimating 500 and would always have 200 calories left over. So really a deficit of 400+ calories, so my net was only 900 calories! Badddd.
    Once I stopped boot camp and upped my calories, I started losing one pound a week, after a few weeks of that, I then lowered my goals back down to 1.5 lb per week and so far so good :)
    I know it can be frustrating, but mix it up and you should break through!!