snacks and meals for a road trip

Options
Hello Everyone!!!

Hope you all are well. I need some advice. I am going on a road trip for a job interview, 7 hours each way, provided the weather stays favorable for me (pray that it does, I HATE driving in the snow). Anyways I was trying to avoid eating out up there, and not eating a bunch of crud, not that there any places to eat out at....but I need some ideas for snacks, that I don't have to keep in a cooler for 3 days, and that I can keep accessable in the car...and maybe some dinner ideas too,

Thanks in advance

Replies

• pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    Nuts, fruit-fresh or dried, beef jerky. I need to go to bed, but I may come up with more.
  • ncuriel
    ncuriel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    apples? trail mix with only nuts and dried fruit in premeasured baggies so you can keep track? No other brilliant ideas just yet.
  • ocsurfmama
    ocsurfmama Posts: 127
    Options
    -Peanut butter on 12 grain bread is great protein, filling.
    -I make up my own trail mix with nuts, cherry juice infused cranberries, raisins, and cheerios.
    -Mini carrots to munch on
    -Bananas

Not sure what to tell you as far as dinner foods that would not have to be refrigerated but, if there are WaWa convenience stores in your part of the woods, you may want to check their food/deli area. They have a lot of choices of hot meals (meal bowls), sandwiches and wraps that are very reasonably priced and you can still stay within your daily calorie range.

Good Luck in your interview :)
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    I like diet granola bars,nuts, apples and plenty of water. :flowerforyou:
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    eas protein shakes do not have to be refrigerated...I drink the low carb ones...they only have 110 calories per 11 oz drink

apples...bananas...oranges...nuts

you could pack a few salads in a collapsible cooler to eat on the first day...for variety...then eat the other stuff on day 2 and 3
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Raw/natural nuts or seeds, organic trail mix (be aware of sugars and sodium), dried fruit, unsweetened applesauce, raw fruits (apples/oranges/bananas), tuna fish (can get in packets so you don't need a can opener), Protein bars, string cheese, low cal/lowsodium soups (some soups are in cartons instead of cans so it would be easy to pour), carrots, celery sticks, and peanut butter are all things that shouldn't need to be refrigerated for a few days.

Best wishes :flowerforyou: