UNWANTED CELLULITE!

Options
I am 35 years old & I have 3 kids. Although I love each one dearly & wouldn't trade a one of them for anything in this world, I'm NOT happy with the cellulite (on the back of my upper legs) that I was SO UNLUCKY TO receive during pregnancy. YES, I have almost reached my 1st goal weight & that's great BUT, I can't seem to get rid of the CELLULITE CRAP. And I would like nothing more than to wear a bikini this year & not be ashamed @ how I look from the backside.

I've always heard that Cocoa Butter lotion is good for it but it hasn't helped w/ me @ all. I know I could do surgery, but in honesty, if I had that kind of money, I'd much rather spend it getting an uplift. So, surgery for me is out of the question. I'm sure there are exercises I can do to tone up that area & I've tried some but have not yet seen any progress.

I've done squats, lunges, & leg lifts. Maybe I'm just not doing them right or long enough.

I'm sure I'm not the only women out there with cellulite issues, although I probably do have it worse than a lot of you.

What have you ladies done to improve your unwanted cellulite?

Replies

• Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Cardio! Cardio helps so much, running has helped me in that area SO much especially paired with circuit training =)
    I have pretty persistent cellulite on my upper legs but it has improved a lot since I have upped my cardio!

I hope that helps!
  • katrinadizzle
    Options
    Every woman has it, unless they are reallllly skinny. We're genetically wired to store fat around our bellies and thighs to help with baby-making. Lol. You should embrace it, because most people won't even notice it and point it out unless you're huge (...and then, they get cruel). I've heard massages and, like you already said, cocoa butter work wonders, but I think most women will always have a little cellulite.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    running has helped alot on my thighs mainly cuz muscle is showing now, still need workn to wear a bikini:ohwell: , if I could I would try some laser stuff like velashape as I dont have a lot like before..it was pot hole city before..yuk!:noway: :blushing: now if i get a good dark tan it might not even show that much...
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTiwJAz6-So

They were really touting this $3000 clinical "fat dissolving" wand thing. But it seems like working out and getting a bit of a tan achieves as much as any "treatment".

It's never going to be perfect. Look at all these bikini-clad celebs with cellulite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYQSZkTsyk

Don't stress about it so much. You care way more than anyone else will! :)
  • shanna4444
    shanna4444 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been doing barre method pilates.... HUGE difference in the legs within just two months. Maybe they have a class near you? I go three days a week. It's really painful but worth it. Lol. I always thought about the plastic surgery route but honestly that doesn't get rid of cellulite anyways and getting lipo could actually make it look worse. I'm glad I didn't waste the money because these classes are doing more. Another thought is kickboxing lessons...I heard that's great for the legs.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    There was a time when I was younger that I cycled everywhere and successfully lost the appearance of cellulite so my vote is for cycling.
    And an eating plan full of veggies, fruits, healthy fats, lean proteins and occasional grains.
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    Mine actually got worse while lossing weight :noway: I got some HUGE dimples on my upper thighs near my butt for about 4 weeks. I panicked because I wanted to wear a bikini in April while we went to Bali. I had a look earlier this week and now its gone back to being not so noticeable. :ohwell: :wink: I know it will never go away 100% but I'd say keep going with what your doing and it will lessen with time. :drinker:
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone! :flowerforyou:

I think I will continute doing what I'm doing & start working on my tan! I didn't think about that. Now I have another reason to go to the tanning bed. :happy:
  • LMac423
    LMac423 Posts: 82
    Options
    I am a runner and a triathlete and I have cellulite. Unfortunately I train for hours and hours a week and it hasn't really gone anywhere. All women have it, in fact, so do most of the really skinny ones, too. It's just the luck we have being women! I'm sure its not as bad as you think, though!
  • kimd1974
    kimd1974 Posts: 113
    Options
    Are you lifting weights? Increase your leg muscles and decrease your fat is the only way to get rid of cellulite. Doing deadlifts on on one leg at a time will build your hamstrings which is the largest muscle on the back of your legs. It is hard to keep your balance but I promise you once you get the hang of it you will love the results. You will however be sore quite a bit. I normally do 2 sets of 10 with 30 pounds of weight.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'll vouch that even skinny women have it. I had dimples when I was 15 years old and no more than 110 lbs. I'm more than 20 years older, and more than 30 lbs heavier, and it's actually less noticeable now.
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Although I have only had one child so far I have also almost lost my baby weight. Cardio is definitely the key but I keep reading articles about how sugar can also impact cellulite. I must admit most of mine has gone with the ridiculous amount of cardio I have been doing and I don't really eat that much sugar anyway (aside from fruit)

I also heard that dry body brushing helps (brushing the cellulite skin up towards the heart) but I haven't tried that either.

What worked for me was definitely Cardio and lots of water.